The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I think brown would be a terrible culture fit here no way will he be ok with tight ends being thrown the ball as much as we throw to them.

Biggest issue for him seemed to be Ben’s ultimate divaness and throwing people under the bus. Seemed fine enough outside of that, I don’t know I feel like Doug and Co cut right through a lot of that stuff. Think we are strong enough to deal with a personality like AB, especially with how good he is. 

I mean he was fine enough with the other wideouts there being strong options most his career and having runningbacks get like 30+ touches a game.

who knows, could go south for sure. Wentz needs to be able to have an offseason to work with these guys for once or no additions will be fully worth it and we will have a lot of the little issues we had last year.

But him on the outside pulling the kind of coverage he pulls would open this offense up considerably. Alshon with more 1on1s, less frequent loaded coverage over the middle to stop Ertz & Goedert, and more space running and catching for the backs.

Bold move for sure, not sure I’m rooting 100% for it.

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Well it would be the first time Wentz would have a dynamic WR on the outside. Maybe he’d be his go to guy. 

meh Nelson and Alshon aren't bad receivers you act like we have james thrash out there. 

52 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

meh Nelson and Alshon aren't bad receivers you act like we have james thrash out there. 

No they’re fine. But let’s not kid ourselves, Alshon is our number one and he gets 60 catches a year. Strictly posession, not a real threat to break a big play. Love the guy, think he’s crucial to the offense but dynamic he is not. 

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Don't want AB here. Too much sideshow crap going on, and I don't trust any 30 year old man that dies their mustache blonde, but isn't a professional wrestler.

This is a pretty good baseline for actual human value. 

And normally I’d agree. But how many times has dude had 100 catch seasons in a row? 6. And this is really the first time I heard any real problem with him. And he’s not the only one. The wheels look like they are coming off that franchise. Maybe it’s the Steelers this time? I dunno. 

I know I’m warming to the idea of it if the price is right. Howie got something brewing, we know that. 

52 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

No they’re fine. But let’s not kid ourselves, Alshon is our number one and he gets 60 catches a year. Strictly posession, not a real threat to break a big play. Love the guy, think he’s crucial to the offense but dynamic he is not. 

I dont think the volume of touches AB would want exists in the offense. I think that will lead to some turmoil. So i'll pass. No doubt he's a future hall of famer but I mean he did just give up on his team last year and force a trade. I don't know if he's worth the risk.

45 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I dont think the volume of touches AB would want exists in the offense. I think that will lead to some turmoil. So i'll pass. No doubt he's a future hall of famer but I mean he did just give up on his team last year and force a trade. I don't know if he's worth the risk.

He was fine until Ben threw him under the bus and the organization told him to shut up.

but anyways is a moot point 

45 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

So who they spending the money on? Cause I doubt it’s Bell.

Mosley since we’ve heard zero on the Hicks front?

Suh or Ziggy?

Waiting for Justin Houston to get cut by KC, and we'll sign either Ingram or Coleman at RB + John Brown at WR.  

49 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

So we have probably around 20 million in cap space. What do the eagles do with it?

Not sure how accurate this article I read earlier is but it said we have 23 million without MB money off the books yet. So that would be 30 and change. 

It mentioned all the contracts that we restructured and all , except the new Graham deal. Anyone got any news on that? 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

So we have probably around 20 million in cap space. What do the eagles do with it?

I wonder if they are trying to resign Hicks now or if he's priced himself out and they are just gonna kick the tires on Mosley. I don't think they will give him a crazy contract..but if it's resonable maybe they go after him. As good as Hicks can be, Mosley is an upgrade...if just for the availability.

Probably sign a vet receiver, Back and a DT.Thinkin DT is the "big splash" move. So like Malik Jackson of Suh.
Bring in a cheaper back to just have a guy and either draft a guy or they make a trade for Duke Johnson later.
Get a vet wideout to play outside, but someone who is versatile or won't get butthurt how often they sit out. 

Archived