My Mock Bills off season

BillsGuy82

Draft - First 3 rounds done w/ @CHOMP_CHOMP @I_GET_SAX.. Gave us 5 rounds of picks, not that knowledgeable past the first few rounds

1 - OT Jonah Williams

2 - WR Kelvin Harmon

3 - RB Elijah Holyfield

4 - OG Beau Benzschawel

5 - CB Michael Jackson

Key releases/not returning

TE Charles Clay

OG Vlad Ducasse

C Russell Bodine

Key signings

CB Pierre Desir 5yr 60 million

DT - Sheldon Richardson 3yr 33 million

C Matt Paradis 5yr 50 million

WR Demaryius Thomas 2yr 22 million

DT Jason Phillips 3yr 9 million

Roster

QB - Josh Allen,  Matt Barkley,  Derek Anderson

RB - LeSean McCoy,  Chris Ivory,  *Elijah Holyfield,  Marcus Murphy

FB - Patrick DiMarco

WR - Zay Jones, *Kelvin Harmon,  Isaiah McKenzie

WR - Robert Foster, Demaryius Thomas, Ray-Ray McCloud

TE - Jason Croom,  Logan Thomas

LT - *Jonah Williams,  Jeremiah Sirles

LG - Wyatt Teller

C - Matt Paradis,  Ryan Groy

RG - John Miller,  *Beau Benzschawel

RT - Dion Dawkins,  Jordan Mills

DE - Jerry Hughes,  Eddie Yarbrough

DT - Sheldon Richardson,  Harrison Phillips

DT - Star Lotuleilei,  Jason Phillips

DE - Shaq Lawson,  Trent Murphy

SLB - Lorenzo Alexander,  Ryan Lewis

MLB - Tremaine Edmunds,  Julius Stanford

WLB - Matt Milano,  Corey Thompson

CB - Tre'Davious White,  LaFayette Pitts

SS - Micah Hyde,  Siran Neal

FS - Jordan Poyer,  Rafael Bush

CB - Pierre Desir,   *Michael Jackson

Nickel - Taron Johnson

I like your aggressiveness in free agency but I do not see Pierre Desir leaving colts nor do I expect him to get paid that high. Colts have the most money to spend and will likely retain key players like Desir. As for DT, unless texans release him he still has 1 more year left on his contract so he is not a FA at the moment. Paradis and Richardson are nice pick ups as it answers 2 of the top 5 needs on the team, is Richardson worth 11 mil a year though?

Not a huge fan of the draft but a lot of people believe Jonah is the guy for bills at 9, I am still holding out hope they fill the oline needs in free agency but this is the back up plan everyone predicts. Elijah Holyfield is definitely coming in hot right now and picking up a longterm RB is the smart move whether its this draft or next.

One thing I do not believe in is drafting Jonah to play LT he is not ready and no way can he outperform what Dawkins has been able to do. Not to mention the oline having so many issues last year to move Dawkins would be a mistake as that means he would have to go back to relearning the RT position. Some think he is an issue at LT but its mainly because of the weak LG and C position. When Teller stepped in at LG Dawkins performed better. People want to blame shady for bad run game and that he is on the decline but i think Shady's reason of a bad year is the same reason Dawkins had a down year and that is because of bad Guard and Center play which pushed Dawkins to cover more ground then he could. I could see Jonah sliding in to LG and starting there maybe RT. Scouts have shown he has been bull rushed and easily gets worked with bad hands. 

I do like the releases and they definitely need to go, plus this clears about another 10 mil in cap space for bills to work with. 

All in all decent job as you are hitting on Center, DT, CB2, WR, Guard/RT with Jonah, is a good start and the bills will still need to get RG, RT or LG depending on what you do with Jonah as I am concerned that Teller still needs more time to develop. As well as LB long term for Lorenzo spot, not many holes missing after all said and done.

FYI you have John Miller, did the bills resign him as he is a FA, if so how much they pay him?

I believe Demaryius is gonna get released and I thought Miller had one more year left but if he is FA I don't see him getting another contract here.

I overpaid for guys like Desir and Richardson because I'm one of those guys who feel the Bills have to slightly overpay to be market competitive. Desir came on strong towards the end of season and out of the potential FA CB's he looks the most likely to leave. I dont see alot of CB movement this off season.

Maybe a guy like Aqib Talib would've of made more sense and I don't feel he'll be around anymore in LA.

As for Jonah Williams, he's a steal at 9 and without a doubt a starting LT in this league. Dawkins versatility could make him a top tier G or RT and as for Holyfield, I waivered back and forth between him and Bennie Snell but ultimately went with Holyfield who I really like

DT may get released and if he does it wouldnt be a bad option for 2 years with the texans trading for him I see them extending him to prevent a large cap hit. If he does hit free agency I would definitely be interested in seeing him in Buffalo. As for CB im thinking the same not much opportunity but Im not convinced that Beane will go all in on a CB when Tre will be seeking a new contract in 2 years which could be in the top CB range not to mention Hydes contract is over in 2 as well which he will get paid handsomely. I could see them bringing back Ej Gaines with Levi Wallace fighting for #2. Also Greedy Williams at pick 9 could be an option. I would take Holyfield over Snell less mileage on him and he had to sit behind some fairly good talent before showcasing what he can do. 

Not sure if you follow cover 1 but I read Jonah Williams and I came away with some good knowledge on the guy as well as seeing other articles and to me like the site says he is a Guard more so a LT. Nothing wrong with him being a top guard just dont see him coming in right away to be an LT. You should check this out and maybe it will change your mind some if not its great info on a guy you believe is a top pick for bills. https://www.cover1.net/2019-nfl-draft-jonah-williams-alabama/

31 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

DT may get released and if he does it wouldnt be a bad option for 2 years with the texans trading for him I see them extending him to prevent a large cap hit. If he does hit free agency I would definitely be interested in seeing him in Buffalo. As for CB im thinking the same not much opportunity but Im not convinced that Beane will go all in on a CB when Tre will be seeking a new contract in 2 years which could be in the top CB range not to mention Hydes contract is over in 2 as well which he will get paid handsomely. I could see them bringing back Ej Gaines with Levi Wallace fighting for #2. Also Greedy Williams at pick 9 could be an option. I would take Holyfield over Snell less mileage on him and he had to sit behind some fairly good talent before showcasing what he can do. 

Not sure if you follow cover 1 but I read Jonah Williams and I came away with some good knowledge on the guy as well as seeing other articles and to me like the site says he is a Guard more so a LT. Nothing wrong with him being a top guard just dont see him coming in right away to be an LT. You should check this out and maybe it will change your mind some if not its great info on a guy you believe is a top pick for bills. https://www.cover1.net/2019-nfl-draft-jonah-williams-alabama/

Greedy was available at 9 in our mock as well. It was between him and Jonah at 9. Greedy ended up going 15th to Washington. I would have 0 problem if we went Greedy Williams at 9 and I'm even getting on board Byron Murphy as well, great scheme fit for us

Taron Johnson also factored into decision making for that pick, If need be Im comfortable with him starting opposite Tre but ideally I feel he's better slotted as a Nickel/Slot CB

I've moved off of Greedy at 9 now. I'm set on Ed Oliver, or an OL for the pick. 

I like what you did with the draft. Getting the best OL at 9 is great. I would keep Dawkins at LT and put Jonah at RT. I think he's better suited there to start, doesn't mean we can't swap the two. 

Harmon is a fantastic selection in round 2, only guy I like more than him is Harry right now, but Harmon is closing that gap the more I read on him.

Holyfield is a great get. You made the right pick there given what you said about deciding between him and Snell. I've made it known, I love Bennie Snell, but he's more of a mid round pick (4th-6th depending how he performs at the combine). 

As for free agency, I don't like the overpay on Desir. I think that contract will bite us in the *** in a couple years, and I'm not sold on his ability at that price. Sheldon Richardson is a nice get, but I think he was also overpaid. Paradis is right on the money though.   

4 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

I've moved off of Greedy at 9 now. I'm set on Ed Oliver, or an OL for the pick. 

I like what you did with the draft. Getting the best OL at 9 is great. I would keep Dawkins at LT and put Jonah at RT. I think he's better suited there to start, doesn't mean we can't swap the two. 

Harmon is a fantastic selection in round 2, only guy I like more than him is Harry right now, but Harmon is closing that gap the more I read on him.

Holyfield is a great get. You made the right pick there given what you said about deciding between him and Snell. I've made it known, I love Bennie Snell, but he's more of a mid round pick (4th-6th depending how he performs at the combine). 

As for free agency, I don't like the overpay on Desir. I think that contract will bite us in the *** in a couple years, and I'm not sold on his ability at that price. Sheldon Richardson is a nice get, but I think he was also overpaid. Paradis is right on the money though.   

Harry went to Indy in 1st round, I like Harry more as well. Harry's massive catching radius will help with Josh Allens inaccuracies. As for Desir, I really believe he'll get 10+ a year. He was fantastic to close out the year in Indy and the CB market sucks. I'm thinking maybe Aqib Talib would be more realistic.. Less money and less term.

Late to the party.

I like the addition of Richardson in free agency. I think he would bring some swagger and nastiness to the run game. 

I am slowly coming off the Paradis bandwagon only because of his scheme fit. He performed his best in a ZBS and It makes me wonder how he would do here. Not a fan of Thomas who is coming off a major injury. I like the draft. Williams should be a plug and play RT or RG. Harmon is a solid option in round 2 but I don't think he's a true number 1 wideout so that position would still need upgrading IMO.

26 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Late to the party.

I like the addition of Richardson in free agency. I think he would bring some swagger and nastiness to the run game. 

I am slowly coming off the Paradis bandwagon only because of his scheme fit. He performed his best in a ZBS and It makes me wonder how he would do here. Not a fan of Thomas who is coming off a major injury. I like the draft. Williams should be a plug and play RT or RG. Harmon is a solid option in round 2 but I don't think he's a true number 1 wideout so that position would still need upgrading IMO.

Do we even know what scheme they will be playing on oline? New Oline coach has never been an OL coach he has always been an assistant, and Daboll hasnt really implemented his entire offense as he has been handcuffed with limited resources. Paradis is hands down the best center available and the bills desperately need that hole filled if not then allen will likely be running for his life every down like he has been his rookie year. 

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Do we even know what scheme they will be playing on oline? New Oline coach has never been an OL coach he has always been an assistant, and Daboll hasnt really implemented his entire offense as he has been handcuffed with limited resources. Paradis is hands down the best center available and the bills desperately need that hole filled if not then allen will likely be running for his life every down like he has been his rookie year. 

He was the OL coach in Indiana for 4 years. His time in Buffalo before was under Joe D who favoured a power run scheme and Daboll has always run Power O in all his stops. 

Edit: I'll add that they just brought in Long who was at his best at Guard in a Power scheme in Washington. 

Archived