Mafia Mafia - Town Wins

Dome

The No Lynch for new players is such a meta thing.  I honestly expected all of them to do it after I threw it out there as an option with my open.  I think every new player game I’ve been in, No Lynch has been the popular “cautious” approach.

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Well I’m the village idiot so you decide 

We know all the roles in the game in the setup post.  Adamantly claiming the village idiot, ostensibly as a role since you capitalized it in other posts, is as blatant of a lie as you can have.

On 2/12/2019 at 12:25 AM, Dome said:

Roles:

The Godfather

190px-M-godfather.png- When The Cop investigates you, he'll be told you're Town Aligned. You may carry out the Mafia's nightly factional Hit.

--------------------

Goon

190px-M-goon.png- You may carry out the Mafia's nightly factional Hit.

--------------------

The Cop

190px-T-cop.png- Each night you may investigate one player, you'll find out if they're Town Aligned or Mafia Aligned.

--------------------

The Jailkeeper

190px-T-jailkeeper.png- Each night you may throw one player in a jail cell. Any moves they try to make and any moves made on them will fail.

--------------------

The Backup
- If The Cop or The Jailkeeper dies D1 or N1, you'll take over their role. 

--------------------

5 Vanilla Townies

190px-T-vanilla.png

You have no ability. Read what other players have to say and use your vote to eliminate Mafia Aligned players.

Win Condition: You win the game when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Rookie Tip: Remember as a Vanilla Townie that part of your job is keeping your Power Roles (Cop, Jailkeeper, Backup) concealed and safe. Outing yourself as a Townie might make Mafia ignore you at night when selecting their hit, as you're a small threat to them. But it could also paint a target on your Cop or Jail Keepers back insead!

@Counselor claiming village idiot in an open setup with roles known is always a bad idea 

A black van with black tinted windows pulled up. 

“Uh, that’s not the mafia.” The group of 10 watched 2 men exit the van and walk towards them. The men were wearing suits and ties and dark sunglasses. 

@TheKillerNacho tried to say hello but before he could get the words out one of the men reached into TKN’s mouth and grabbed his tongue. Swiftly pulling a straight razor from his pocket and one quick slice, TKN’s tongue was removed.

”Dont edit posts.” The man folded up TKN’s bloody tongue into a napkin and dropped it on the poor mans chest as he writhed around in pain. “Here’s a gift from the host. Maybe you can get it back on.”

And just like that the men got back into the van and drove away.

@TheKillerNacho‘s vote has been silenced until Day 2

1 minute ago, Dome said:

A black van with no windows pulled up. 

“Uh, that’s not the mafia.” The group of 10 watched 2 men exit the van and walk towards them. The men were wearing suits and ties and dark sunglasses. 

@TheKillerNacho tried to say hello but before he could get the words out one of the men reached into TKN’s mouth and grabbed his tongue. Swiftly pulling a straight razor from his pocket and one quick slice, TKN’s tongue was removed.

”Dont edit posts.” The man folded up TKN’s bloody tongue into a napkin and dropped it on the poor mans chest as he writhed around in pain. “Here’s a gift from the host. Maybe you can get it back on.”

And just like that the men got back into the van and drove away.

@TheKillerNacho‘s vote has been silenced until Day 2

Does he get his tongue back on day 2?

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You can kick me out if I’m not playing right I will gladly step down. I was told I had to play by being a new mod. If I am messing up your game by all means exit me. 

It doesn't seem to me that you are.

You're playing better than I ever have to this point 

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You can kick me out if I’m not playing right I will gladly step down. I was told I had to play by being a new mod. If I am messing up your game by all means exit me. 

You are playing great. I'm just pointing out that the claiming of village idiot on D1 in a real game would get you lynched D1. 

Basicially the goal is to hunt for scum (mafia this game), by analyzing people's posts. Look for inconsistencies, varied tone, info they shouldnt have, how they interact with different people, and how they vote

Let’s just say this. When I worked in Alaska I had a vice principal at my school who was from Oklahoma and who played dumb saying “I’m just a dumb Oakie” so he was never put in charge of anything because he messed up the things he was put in charge of early on. He collected a 120k a year salary while the rest of us shared his duties because we actually cared about the success of the students and the school for the same amount of salary as we would get if he was doing all his responsibilities anyway. Point is. Sometimes it pays to play dumb B| 

Basically, this is an Open Role game, where all roles, abilities, and mechanics are known.  This removes speculation related to mechanics, and reduces the game down to its simplest form.

@Counselor, you’re not playing wrong or anything.  Just a village idiot claim in a game where all the roles are known, and village idiot is not among them, is likely to garner scrutiny.  It’s cool to lie about your role as any alignment.  I do it all the time, but we just know VI isn’t in the game.

So, basically, people are likely to categorize you as a guy lying to survive, lying to take a hit, or misreading a PM.

Archived