Mafia Mafia - Town Wins

Dome

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I don’t know how you’ve allegedly played 3,000 games and are seemingly incapable of answering a one part question.  

I’m not looking for a mathematical explanation.  In fact, for the sake of you actually answering, let’s suppose I accept the mathematical approach.  Okay?  

Now, why did you instantly go No Lynch instead of allowing the day phase to play out before advocating this?  You can still end at No Lynch, but by immediately advocating it, you basically took one of Town’s only weapons for establishing a game baseline prior to N1, unloaded the bullets, showed everyone it is empty.  Thus, strangling the information flow that is critical in Mafia.  There is zero incompatibility with your approach and this approach, except this one is more beneficial for Town — which you seem to acknowledge with statements related to reads, scumhunting, and information.  But you chose to forego that path, and immediately turn on cruise control.  

When did I turn on cruise control? You can scumhunt without lynching, and you can certainly participate despite voting for a No Lynch. More to the point, there's plenty of time to get voting related tells on day 2, and precious little reason to do it on day 1 instead.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Care to share some observations with the class?

Swag and Counselors early banter back and forth towards one another and then them easing off the gas means one of them is for sure guilty IMO. Counselor seems more like the Goon type to me and right now I’m leaning towards swag as either the Don or a Townie.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Swag and Counselors early banter back and forth towards one another and then them easing off the gas means one of them is for sure guilty IMO. Counselor seems more like the Goon type to me and right now I’m leaning towards swag as either the Don or a Townie.

They are almost certainly not partners, that's for sure

2 hours ago, SwAg said:

Rick, why were you so keen for a joke vote on me, then quick with the backhanded defense of Counselor while attempting to shame me for “trying,” when you should be well aware that my level of effort is well below the norm.

Ted, why you scumbag No Lynching right off the bat?  You coasting and limiting information flow to the Town who is literally dependent upon information while you clap the Town one by one?

Where did you get the quick backhanded defense of Counselor?  That's was just a shot at you. It's a great mafia technique to spin the truth to make an arguement seem legit despite it being predicated on lies.  The problem with that type of gameplay is it never works on those that read.  

16 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11137772

Swag

Not much has changed for me, Swag 

8 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Where did you get the quick backhanded defense of Counselor?  That's was just a shot at you. It's a great mafia technique to spin the truth to make an arguement seem legit despite it being predicated on lies.  The problem with that type of gameplay is it never works on those that read.  

Not much has changed for me, Swag 

Uh, it’s a shot at me, who was accusing Counselor.  Hence why it’s backhanded.

31 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

When did I turn on cruise control? You can scumhunt without lynching, and you can certainly participate despite voting for a No Lynch. More to the point, there's plenty of time to get voting related tells on day 2, and precious little reason to do it on day 1 instead.

To be clear: this once again resisted the question rather than answering it.

4 minutes ago, SwAg said:

To be clear: this once again resisted the question rather than answering it.

Why didn't I wait? Is that your question? Because I'm a ) new to forum mafia so I'm unsure about the pacing, and b ) late May be too late. If I understand correctly, people need to be online to change their votes so a Lynch bandwagon towards the end of the day may prove too difficult to stop.

Archived