Mafia Mafia - Town Wins

Dome

1 minute ago, Mega Ron said:

What does pot committed mean?

Poker reference meaning I’ve put in so much money there is no folding because I’d lose too much to rebound. Think of Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon. He’s either seizing power as emperor or getting executed for treason.

1 minute ago, Mega Ron said:

I swear on Baker's arm that I am town btw.

This is very serious Mega. If you’re lying I’ll hold a grudge.

4 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Ignore my crap maths earlier. There are 6 of us left.

You think the Nacho is town? And you are town?

Nacho is town because no one else claimed cop and the jailer threw him in last night, meaning if he was Mafia he’d have been blocked from making a hit, and since there was a hit last night, he’s got to be town. There’s always a chance that he would have been Mafia and it wasn’t his turn to hit but claiming cop and no one else claiming cop means he’s Town. 

4 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

I guess not. I can't believe we've lost 4 out of 4.

My observation regarding claims. No one appears to believe anyone who claims they are town. The only reason it appears necessary to do so is because otherwise you get accused of not responding to accusations.

Speaking of which. Is that a mafia play to push an accusation in that manner?

In this setup you're either town or mafia. So claiming town is easy and shouldn't lead anyone trusting you more if you claim it.

Now you can claim power roles.

Left are:

2 mafia

1 cop

1 jailkeeper

2 townies (vanilla civs)

Cop has already been claimed by Nacho.

The jailkeeper needs to stay alive, and for that he needs to stay hidden, so he should claim townie for now. Mafia can't claim jailkeeper otherwise they could be outed as mafia fairly quickly. Therefore, the 5 others players (not Nacho) have every reason to claim a townie role. Doesn't mean they are townie, and it doesn't mean they should be trusted or not trusted.

Jailkeeper, throw Nacho in tonight. He’s the cop, but on the off chance that he’s not and the cop hasn’t stepped up to out himself, then he’s Mafia and if it’s his hit tonight then you’ll block him anyway. Unless you are almost certain of your mafia/goon read we need him safe tonight or we are all screwed.

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Jailkeeper, throw Nacho in tonight. He’s the cop, but on the off chance that he’s not and the cop hasn’t stepped up to out himself, then he’s Mafia and if it’s his hit tonight then you’ll block him anyway. Unless you are almost certain of your mafia/goon read we need him safe tonight or we are all screwed.

It depends.. if we fail to lynch mafia today, he should definitely pick someone almost randomly. If we do get scum, he actually wants to not save me because he can clear someone if I end up dying (the person he jailed cannot be mafia).

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

So lets do a quick little summary....

1) I was silenced yesterday for making a newb mistake.

2) I voted no lynch today because I slept from 5am to 12 pm, and then left for work at 2, so I didnt get to read alot of what was going on, and wasnt sure who to vote for.

3) @TheKillerNacho has accused me twice thus far of being mafia, with no real logic other than Im supposedly lurking.

I wasnt sure who was mafia.....until now.     You seem pretty desperate to shift the attention away from yourself.

I'm cop so... try again

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Poker reference meaning I’ve put in so much money there is no folding because I’d lose too much to rebound. Think of Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon. He’s either seizing power as emperor or getting executed for treason.

This is very serious Mega. If you’re lying I’ll hold a grudge.

We'll just have to saw off his baker's arm.

14 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

So at the moment, trusting Mwil is a goodie, I see mafia as 2 of 43mafia, Ted, and Orca.

Same read here. I should have stuck with my Ted read as the Don but didn’t get enough support and flipped last night to BDP to save Nacho. Now I’m on FourThree as the Goon and Ted as the Don. Orca man you’re too quiet.

20 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It depends.. if we fail to lynch mafia today, he should definitely pick someone almost randomly. If we do get scum, he actually wants to not save me because he can clear someone if I end up dying (the person he jailed cannot be mafia).

Correct but I’m saying strictly tonight lock you up. If we fail again tomorrow is a free for all.

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Same read here. I should have stuck with my Ted read as the Don but didn’t get enough support and flipped last night to BDP to save Nacho. Now I’m on FourThree as the Goon and Ted as the Don. Orca man you’re too quiet.

Correct but I’m saying strictly tonight lock you up. If we fail again tomorrow is a free for all.

I was posting at almost 4 am my time last night and again 5 hours later...what more do you need lol

To the bolded, it is 1 strategy to take. Another one, would be to lock up who you think is the 2nd mafia. If you are right it may stop the hit or if you are wrong it may stop the hit if they choose not to go with the obvious 

Archived