Too early mock.

mwalker

Can't help myself.
For this mock's purposes, I'm trading AB to SF for a 2nd, 3rd this year and conditional 4th in 2020.

RD1  TE    T.Hockenson, Iowa
RD2  FS    N.Adderley, Delaware
RD2  CB    A.Oruniwaye, PSU
RD3  WR   D.Samuel, SCarolina
RD3  LB    G.Pratt, NC State
RD4  OLB  B.Banogu, TCU
RD6  DL    R.Wren, Arizona St.
RD6  LB    B.Blunt, McNeese St.    
RD7  OL    T.Prescod, NC State   

Thoughts?   

9 hours ago, jebrick said:

Ignoring the TE in the 1st which is horrible, the next 4 are very good.  i am also a fan of Blunt.

NO it's not.  Hockenson is a stud, and when this offense didn't have McDonald it stunk.  Now you're going into the season with only 2 "reliable" weapons in Conner and JuJu.  Yeah, you need a huge infusion of talent at the skills positions if you're going into the season with that.  No one else on the roster is even worth noting really.  Washington hasn't done squat, and I was never a fan of his in college either (I liked Rudolph a lot more than him).  The 5th round rookie RB (whose name escapes me at the moment) showed a few nice flashes.  Who else is even worth noting?  Switzer?  Eli?  Hunter?  DHB?  You're looking at a solid #2 WR, a solid RB, and a bunch of #4 caliber/backup players.  

Then why get a TE?  D.K. Metcalf might be there  and N'Keal Harry would be there as well as any other WR you fancy.  They would still be bad picks in this absurdly deep WR draft but they would be better than a TE when you have McDonald and James.

1 hour ago, Big Snack said:

If im adding a te in this scenario then im taking baker or Murphy in the 1st and irv smith jr day 2

The only ways I'd like a TE in the first is if we trade AB, knock it out of the park in FA, or trade back. I'd be a big fan of Irv in the second, though. I think Irv Smith will be as good as Vance by the end of next season. Having two weapons like that as TE's causes a bunch of matchup issues. Also, Connor seems like a good back for a multi-TE, physical offense. Plus, the benefit of having a more physical offense means they can keep leads and hold onto the ball, which can hide defensive flaws. 

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Then why get a TE?  D.K. Metcalf might be there  and N'Keal Harry would be there as well as any other WR you fancy.  They would still be bad picks in this absurdly deep WR draft but they would be better than a TE when you have McDonald and James.

Here's my thinking. You'll never replace Brown with a like for like, so you have to diversify your offense.
You could be right and I.Smith could be better in round 2, for example, but N.Harry and D.Metcalf (by the way have you seen
how bulked he's gotten, worrying scouts he could be going all David Boston?) aren't going to give us separation.
Creating a strength down the middle of the field, to weaponize along with McDonald in two TE sets, would force safeties
to not play over the top of JuJu. Juju is great, but he isn't a speed player with huge separation.

It's just a mock. I could've easily went CB and LB in the first two rounds, but I thought with the Brown trade it might
create a bit of conversation. If I'm going receiver in the first three rounds though, I definitely want some separation.
It'll be interesting to see what Hakeem Butler runs. P.Campbell from OSU will light up the 40. so it'll be interesting to
see what he does in the hands drills. R.Ridley may be the best of them all, but Deebo Samuel man...he might be
the real deal.

Archived