DPOY Frontrunners

the lone star

9 hours ago, the lone star said:

Yeah, I think he will ultimately win it tbh.

Eh, I doubt it. I think it'll be a traditional wing (PG) or big (Gobert) that wins it despite Giannis posting the highest defensive rating in the league on the best defensive team. He'll just have to settle for Most Valuable Player...

Gobert. He should win it, and I think he will. Perimeter guys simply can not make near the same impact on the defensive end as big men can, so I'm always rolling with the best rim protector when it comes to DPOY. Perimeter guys don't get it often either, just Kawhi (x2) and Artest in the last 20+ years, so even though Giannis and PG have had great defensive years, I think Gobert remains safe pick. He has the reputation as reigning DPOY, and has backed it up with his play, will be hard not to vote for him.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Gobert. He should win it, and I think he will. Perimeter guys simply can not make near the same impact on the defensive end as big men can, so I'm always rolling with the best rim protector when it comes to DPOY. Perimeter guys don't get it often either, just Kawhi (x2) and Artest in the last 20+ years, so even though Giannis and PG have had great defensive years, I think Gobert remains safe pick. He has the reputation as reigning DPOY, and has backed it up with his play, will be hard not to vote for him.

Giannis isnt a perimeter defender...

Archived