Safest players at each position?

BleedTheClock

Just to disagree with you.

QB - Daniel Jones - I think he is the smartest and has the best anticipation.
RB - David Montgomery - Love everything about his game.  Bigger sample size than Jacobs too.
FB - Ryquell Armstead - Cause I think he could serve a bigger role in an offense than Aston.
WR - Parris Campbell - Unlike the bigger WRs, I have no concerns about him being able to separate.
TE - Irv Smith - This is basically cause I had to pick another one.  I think Irv turns out real good though.
OT - Jawaan Taylor - I think he can play LT or RT and be a stud at both.
OG - Cody Ford - He is going to be a monster.  I do love Lindstrom though.
C - Erik McCoy - I think he is a touch better pass blocker than Elgton and that's more important today.

DE - Clelin Ferrell - I would say he has the highest floor of the DEs.  And less of an injury history than Bosa.
DT - Quinnen Williams - Easy choice I know, but he is gonna be special.  
LB - Devon White - Same as with Quinnen.  I have them both a fair bit above everyone else at their position in this class.
CB - Julian Love - Odd choice I know, but I think he can cover as well as anyone in this class, and if he can't play outside, is still safe due to NB abilities.
S - Johnathan Abram - Assuming a team lets him run around the box and cover TEs(not try to sit him deep), I think he is very safe.

QB None of them are close to safe, but I'll go with Daniel Jones
RB Josh Jacobs 
WR Deebo Samuel 
TE - Hock
LT - Tough one...Andre Dillard, but he needs to improve his strength
RT - Kaleb McGary barely over Jawaan Taylor
OG - Chris Lindstrom barely over Cody Ford
C - Garrett Bradbury in zone, McCoy in power/man

4-3 DE Josh Allen
3/4 OLB Josh Allen
3/4 DE Quinnen Williams
4-3 DT Quinnen Williams
3/4 NT Dexter Lawrence
MLB/ILB Devin White
4-3 WLB Devin Bush
4-3 SAM Josh Allen
CB Byron Murphy 
S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

11 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I like @Jeezla list better. I am judging this by the highest floor on the prospects.   I am not sold on Bosa as the safest.  But I do think Baker is the safest CB.  I think N'Keal Harry or Deebo Samuel could be the best for early returns for the WR.

Why do you think Baker is safer than Byron Murphy?

21 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Just to disagree with you.

QB - Daniel Jones - I think he is the smartest and has the best anticipation.

I'm a big Daniel Jones fan, but nothing about him is safe. He's extremely underdeveloped at making reads because his OL was so bad. I think he's going to be good, but it's nowhere near a sure thing.

RB - David Montgomery - Love everything about his game.  Bigger sample size than Jacobs too.

Yeah I could buy this. But having a bigger sample size doesn't make him safer. He's got way more tread on the tires and could break down much sooner as a result.

WR - Parris Campbell - Unlike the bigger WRs, I have no concerns about him being able to separate.

Yeah he can separate, but so can several do-nothing WR's in the NFL. Campbell is an all-or-nothing WR prospect...not sure why you think he's safe.

TE - Irv Smith - This is basically cause I had to pick another one.  I think Irv turns out real good though.

I don't like Irv Smith. He's got a high bust potential. Underdeveloped at Bama and while his upside is high, he's not developed.

OT - Jawaan Taylor - I think he can play LT or RT and be a stud at both.

I like Taylor as a developmental tackle. I think he's overrated and hearing that he could go in the top 10 is puzzling to me. But he's not bad.

OG - Cody Ford - He is going to be a monster.  I do love Lindstrom though.

Maybe. I don't really like Cody Ford. I wish he played with more consistent power. He moves extremely well for his size, but I question his overall strength. But yeah, I could see this.

C - Erik McCoy - I think he is a touch better pass blocker than Elgton and that's more important today.

I haven't watched him, but I heard he's weak against the run.

DE - Clelin Ferrell - I would say he has the highest floor of the DEs.  And less of an injury history than Bosa.

Probably fair. I should have went with Ferrell probably. I love him and find that his technique is elite and he gives great effort.

DT - Quinnen Williams - Easy choice I know, but he is gonna be special.  

Maybe. I still want to see him fight through consistent double teams. He saw a lot of single blocks and destroyed C's. But yeah, I can buy this one too.

LB - Devon White - Same as with Quinnen.  I have them both a fair bit above everyone else at their position in this class

White is my top ILB, but I wouldn't call him safe. He doesn't have great instincts. While they're not bad by any means, he has struggled to diagnose and his gap control is bleh.

CB - Julian Love - Odd choice I know, but I think he can cover as well as anyone in this class, and if he can't play outside, is still safe due to NB abilities.

Haven't really watched him.

S - Johnathan Abram - Assuming a team lets him run around the box and cover TEs(not try to sit him deep), I think he is very safe.

Abram was excellent covering deep despite his SS size. He's pretty darn good too.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'm a big Daniel Jones fan, but nothing about him is safe. He's extremely underdeveloped at making reads because his OL was so bad. I think he's going to be good, but it's nowhere near a sure thing.

Yeah I could buy this. But having a bigger sample size doesn't make him safer. He's got way more tread on the tires and could break down much sooner as a result.

Yeah he can separate, but so can several do-nothing WR's in the NFL. Campbell is an all-or-nothing WR prospect...not sure why you think he's safe.

I don't like Irv Smith. He's got a high bust potential. Underdeveloped at Bama and while his upside is high, he's not developed.

I like Taylor as a developmental tackle. I think he's overrated and hearing that he could go in the top 10 is puzzling to me. But he's not bad.

Maybe. I don't really like Cody Ford. I wish he played with more consistent power. He moves extremely well for his size, but I question his overall strength. But yeah, I could see this.

I haven't watched him, but I heard he's weak against the run.

Probably fair. I should have went with Ferrell probably. I love him and find that his technique is elite and he gives great effort.

Maybe. I still want to see him fight through consistent double teams. He saw a lot of single blocks and destroyed C's. But yeah, I can buy this one too.

White is my top ILB, but I wouldn't call him safe. He doesn't have great instincts. While they're not bad by any means, he has struggled to diagnose and his gap control is bleh.

Haven't really watched him.

Abram was excellent covering deep despite his SS size. He's pretty darn good too.

I think all these QBs have serious issues, but I think Jones processes more quickly than the others because his OL was so bad.

Yes, but break down when?  At 30 instead of 32?  

My concern with all the big WRs in this class is if they can separate from NFL corners.  I also think Campbell is a pretty good route runner.

I think Irv is a great blocker and will be a good pass catcher, but this was more about having to pick someone else.

I think we just disagree on Jawaan.

I think part of it with Ford is the scheme OK runs.  Plus, a year in an NFL weight room will get the power up.

He is a better pass protector than run blocker.

Agree on Ferrell.

Fair point on Quinnen.

I think part of the instincts on White is that he came to LSU as a RB, so is still learning the position.

Byron is sticky.

I think Abram is better box safety, but yeah, he won't be a liability back there.

On 2/21/2019 at 12:01 PM, Jeezla said:

MLB/ILB Devin White

On 2/20/2019 at 9:24 PM, Ragnarok said:

LB - Devin White - Same as with Quinnen.  I have them both a fair bit above everyone else at their position in this class.

This is a bit surprising. I think White is more of a project at this point than people realize. He's a freak athlete, but his instincts are a bit questionable at times. And that's probably the most important element to playing the position. He still has a lot of developing to do in that area. Granted, that's expected after only playing the position for 3 years. I'm not saying he's prone to bust, but I wouldn't call him a sure thing. 

On 27.2.2019 at 3:13 PM, SmittyBacall said:

This is a bit surprising. I think White is more of a project at this point than people realize. He's a freak athlete, but his instincts are a bit questionable at times. And that's probably the most important element to playing the position. He still has a lot of developing to do in that area. Granted, that's expected after only playing the position for 3 years. I'm not saying he's prone to bust, but I wouldn't call him a sure thing. 

I think he is closer to Mack Wilson than people think.

Archived