NFL Draft Combine

Bobby816

Just now, jetjuice said:

Not really. He's not just a slot receiver. He's actually more of a downfield threat.

Dude, he's a slot receiver.  You can use slot receivers as downfield threats as well.  That's how Gase used Albert Wilson a lot.  He's 5'9, 188 pounds.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Dude, he's a slot receiver.  You can use slot receivers as downfield threats as well.  That's how Gase used Albert Wilson a lot.  He's 5'9, 188 pounds.

Dude, clearly you haven't watched his game lol. He's a big play guy thru and thru. He's an outside receiver, he's said he prefers to play outside, and lined up outside 63% of the time. Can he play slot? Sure, but he's not limited to it and could easily argue he still profiles better outside in the NFL.

Just now, jetjuice said:

Dude, clearly you haven't watched his game lol. He's an outside receiver, he's said he prefers to play outside, and lined up outside 63% of the time.

In college.  That won't translate to the pros . Give me a guy who's 5'9, 188 pounds and lines up on the outside.  The closest person to it is Tyreek who still lines up in the slot over 50% of the time.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

In college.  That won't translate to the pros . Give me a guy who's 5'9, 188 pounds and lines up on the outside.  The closest person to it is Tyreek who still lines up in the slot over 50% of the time.

And honestly, that's who he compares to.

Is there any tape on Metcalf that shows he can run more than 9 routes and deeps fades?  I have looked but I can’t find any. That does not mean they don’t exist but I can’t find them.  Thanks. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Is there any tape on Metcalf that shows he can run more than 9 routes and deeps fades?  I have looked but I can’t find any. That does not mean they don’t exist but I can’t find them.  Thanks. 

Ole Miss doesn't expand tree routes.   That is always a problem for Ole Miss WRs for many years.  Private workout is only way to go. Sadly.

Archived