NFL Draft Combine

Bobby816

Kendall Sheffield did not run. lol.. what a *****!

Jamel Dean(4.3) and Blessuan Austin(DNP) could be a solid low risk high reward as late round for CB. 

Potential DB tweener Sean Bunting and Darnell Savage ran well today.

Ken Webster, who had 1st round projection after freshman year before being broken apart, ran 4.43.

No CB in 1st round is seriously a possibility. Damn.  Jets better grab someone good via FA.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Kendall Sheffield did not run. lol.. what a *****!

Jamel Dean(4.3) and Blessuan Austin(DNP) could be a solid low risk high reward as late round for CB. 

Potential DB tweener Sean Bunting and Darnell Savage ran well today.

Ken Webster, who had 1st round projection after freshman year before being broken apart, ran 4.43.

No CB in 1st round is seriously a possibility. Damn.  Jets better grab someone good via FA.

Uhhh Greedy Williams (among others) is certainly a first round talent. If we trade back and don't address the position in FA its certainly a possibility.... 

22 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Gary is a monster IMO. 

Scares me with the possible "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" type.

His tape does not reflect a monster.  Go watch some tape on Quinnen if you want to see a monster. 

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Scares me with the possible "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" type.

His tape does not reflect a monster.  Go watch some tape on Quinnen if you want to see a monster. 

Yeah but I don’t want to draft another DT that isn’t an Ed Oliver type of attacking 1 gap DT.

I watched a lot of Michigan games, Gary was disruptive IMO. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah but I don’t want to draft another DT that isn’t an Ed Oliver type of attacking 1 gap DT.

I watched a lot of Michigan games, Gary was disruptive IMO. 

I think Q will do just fine as a 1 gap DT.  He's probably my number player in this draft if I had to rank them

1. Q
2. Bosa
3. Allen

All really close though.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I think Q will do just fine as a 1 gap DT.  He's probably my number player in this draft if I had to rank them

1. Q
2. Bosa
3. Allen

All really close though.

I think Williams has talent no doubt. But with how low DT is as a need for us... if he's not Aaron Donald 2.0 IMO its a failed pick. And the odds of him getting to that level is very very slim. Even if he's Leo good... that's a failed pick for me.

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

1. Q
2. Bosa
3. Allen

All really close though.

I guess it’s just an uninspiring pick. I think he’ll be productive but we lack that EDGE presence and have for a while. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I guess it’s just an uninspiring pick. I think he’ll be productive but we lack that EDGE presence and have for a while. 

My thing is we already have a good DLine without Q. Its not a need. Would he help? Certainly, but not a big need for us. We have countless other needs that can be addressed with that valuable of a pick. Edge, WR and OL being the main ones that wouldn't be reaches at 3.

1 hour ago, Sapo28 said:

Uhhh Greedy Williams (among others) is certainly a first round talent. If we trade back and don't address the position in FA its certainly a possibility.... 

For me, Greedy Williams, Bryon Murphy and DeAndre Baker should be taken in 1st.  

Many scouts don't feel a must to grab best CB in 1st.  Williams ran sub 4.4. Murphy performed real well in drills.  Baker has better size and length for CB.  Will they change scouts and GMs mind?  I don't know but many other exciting prospects from different positions can push those CBs further. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

I don't hate him just don't love him as much as the top 3 guys.  If we trade down with NYG then he certainly becomes and option.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My thing is we already have a good DLine without Q. Its not a need. Would he help? Certainly, but not a big need for us. We have countless other needs that can be addressed with that valuable of a pick. Edge, WR and OL being the main ones that wouldn't be reaches at 3.

The are no WR who are even close to top 10 worthy let alone top 3.  On the OL it looks like Jonah/Ford are the best and I really can't see either going top 5.  If we trade down we open up the possibility for guys like Jonah and Gary etc.  At top 3 there are 3 clear cut best players in this draft so I really can't see how you pass on whoever drops to you at 3 if we stay put.

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

For me, Greedy Williams, Bryon Murphy and DeAndre Baker should be taken in 1st.  

Many scouts don't feel a must to grab best CB in 1st.  Williams ran sub 4.4. Murphy performed real well in drills.  Baker has better size and length for CB.  Will they change scouts and GMs mind?  I don't know but many other exciting prospects from different positions can push those CBs further. 

I agree most of them should go in the first.  However Dean is probably the best CB in the draft he just has off the field issues which hurt his stock.  The CB class isn't too bad if you look closer at it. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I have to disagree.  We were 26th in rushing D last year... that doesn't sound like a good D line.  Q lives in the backfield, in watching his tape too he caused a fair number of intentional groundings and eyes closed throw it on the way down interceptions by QB's than i have seen on anyone elses tape.  The guy was a few caused penalties away from like 11 or 12 sacks from an interior lineman who was rotated out a lot because that is how Bama rolls.

Archived