NFL Draft Combine

Bobby816

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Just like last year we had to get a QB I think this year we have to get our pass rusher. 

Bosa- Allen-Gary-Oliver 

I will take any of them right now at 3.

The FA class offers the ability to add 2 edges is the only thing. Pretty much eliminating the need for an edge come draft day.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The FA class offers the ability to add 2 edges is the only thing. Pretty much eliminating the need for an edge come draft day.

That’s if we sign a top tier EDGE(all of which could be tagged and return home)

Free Agency will determine a lot of things but we still need home grown talent and the EDGE rushers in this draft a far too good to pass up if we can grab one.

11 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That’s if we sign a top tier EDGE(all of which could be tagged and return home)

Free Agency will determine a lot of things but we still need home grown talent and the EDGE rushers in this draft a far too good to pass up if we can grab one.

For sure the picture will be more clear for what we will do in the draft in the next 7-10 days. But I think if we can come out of FA with Fowler and another edge like Flowers, Quinn, Barrett, Ansah, Barr, either Smith, Ray, etc.... Then edge isn't a need for us.

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Just like last year we had to get a QB I think this year we have to get our pass rusher. 

Bosa- Allen-Gary-Oliver 

I will take any of them right now at 3.

Strong "NO" to Gary for me.  It's Bosa, Allen, Williams at 3 for me.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

For sure the picture will be more clear for what we will do in the draft in the next 7-10 days. But I think if we can come out of FA with Fowler and another edge like Flowers, Quinn, Barrett, Ansah, Barr, either Smith, Ray, etc.... Then edge isn't a need for us.

The edge FA class is loaded with mediocre talent.  You can get away with a Quinn or a Barrett type but these guys aren't big impact players so we need to be careful about signing those guys and just saying we're all set.

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The edge FA class is loaded with mediocre talent.  You can get away with a Quinn or a Barrett type but these guys aren't big impact players so we need to be careful about signing those guys and just saying we're all set.

Those guys are more talented than several other positions we still have needs at though. And that’s my main point. Every year we want an edge. And finally a FA class sets up to where we can answer that need. The draft does as well for sure. But the draft up high in the draft doesn’t offer much at other positions. We shouldn’t pigeon hole ourself into needing an edge in the draft. It’s a strong edge FA class and 2 should be added to not make it a need. The key to this offseason is getting talent around Darnold. Not adding 3 edges.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Those guys are more talented than several other positions we still have needs at though. And that’s my main point. Every year we want an edge. And finally a FA class sets up to where we can answer that need. The draft does as well for sure. But the draft up high in the draft doesn’t offer much at other positions. We shouldn’t pigeon hole ourself into needing an edge in the draft. It’s a strong edge FA class and 2 should be added to not make it a need. The key to this offseason is getting talent around Darnold. Not adding 3 edges.

I'm ok with signing two edge guys and drafting Quinnen. 

I would still take Bosa or Allen if we signed two edge rushers because you can platoon a guys like Barrett or Quinn in pash rushing situations. 

I'm sticking to BPA in this draft which likely leaves our options at 3 for Bosa, Allen, Quinnen.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm ok with signing two edge guys and drafting Quinnen. 

I would still take Bosa or Allen if we signed two edge rushers because you can platoon a guys like Barrett or Quinn in pash rushing situations. 

I'm sticking to BPA in this draft which likely leaves our options at 3 for Bosa, Allen, Quinnen.

Gotcha. And you'd still have that philosophy if our additions in FA on offense were only lets say 2 OLineman and Moncrief?

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Gotcha. And you'd still have that philosophy if our additions in FA on offense were only lets say 2 OLineman and Moncrief?

If we signed 2 OL and a solid WR yes I would still draft BPA which are those 3 guys who are clearly the best of a deep pass rushing class. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Fair enough.

I would look at developmental OL and WR players in round 3 for sure though.  This WR class is insanely deep.  There are like 18 or something WR's who are 6'2" and over.

And if anyone is suggesting DK Metcalf you can scratch him from the list.   

Archived