NFL Draft Combine

Bobby816

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

I have to disagree.  We were 26th in rushing D last year... that doesn't sound like a good D line.  Q lives in the backfield, in watching his tape too he caused a fair number of intentional groundings and eyes closed throw it on the way down interceptions by QB's than i have seen on anyone elses tape.  The guy was a few caused penalties away from like 11 or 12 sacks from an interior lineman who was rotated out a lot because that is how Bama rolls.

Us being 26th against the run isn't a stat that tells the whole story though. For starters I've preached for years if we want to make our defense better... how about getting an offense that doesn't have them on the field for most the game? Also we are down in most games so teams are just running a bunch against us late. So in competitive games that wouldn't be the case. Strictly on talent we are good with Leo, Anderson and Shepard. I assume we will add another guy... but I don't think that guy has to be Q with the 3rd pick.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Us being 26th against the run isn't a stat that tells the whole story though. For starters I've preached for years if we want to make our defense better... how about getting an offense that doesn't have them on the field for most the game? Also we are down in most games so teams are just running a bunch against us late. So in competitive games that wouldn't be the case. Strictly on talent we are good with Leo, Anderson and Shepard. I assume we will add another guy... but I don't think that guy has to be Q with the 3rd pick.

We are 19th in yards per attempt.  It wasn't all the fact that the D was o-n the field a lot.  I just really think Q is that much better than everyone else in this draft, and i say that liking other guys quite a bit.  He had a good combine, and is just so polished with his hands and moves and motor.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Scares me with the possible "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" type.

His tape does not reflect a monster.  Go watch some tape on Quinnen if you want to see a monster. 

I want nothing to do with Gary. 

20 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

For all the hype, he didn’t produce at Michigan. 

Both Gary and Winovich had good combine.  Just wonder any defensive players, who had similar story in Stanford during his time, have solid NFL career.. 

Edit.  It was easy work. No story for Stanford's players during his 3 seasons.  Richard Sherman was okay at the combine with only fantastic 3 cone.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It looks like there are a bunch of solid cornerbacks available for Jets' 3rd or 4th round.  A few swing DB as well.

Yeesh, there are very few solid CB's in this entire draft much less in the 3rd or 4th.

57 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Odds are we are staying at 3. I'll take Allen or Bosa if Murray goes 1 like anticipated.

Oh yeah. Gary is a fall back option for me if either Bosa/Allen go 1-2 or we move back. 

I think he’s going to be a stud personally but I’ve been wrong before.

Archived