NFL Draft Combine

Bobby816

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I wont disagree with that. I guess I just want more from the WR position then some. Like I stated several posts back... I'd gladly take JJ. I just don't see him being that weapon we need on offense for our QB to become a franchise QB. I don't think we can give Darnold average talent and just hope he can make it work with that. We should be giving him the weapons to better his odds. Once he's proven and a franchise QB... then we can take a step back weapon wise bc he's the main weapon.

I think it depends on how we address FA. If we only sign a guy like Moncrief, then give me a higher ceiling WR. If we add a guy like Humphries in the slot, I’d say get JJ for an RZ Target. 

6 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I think it depends on how we address FA. If we only sign a guy like Moncrief, then give me a higher ceiling WR. If we add a guy like Humphries in the slot, I’d say get JJ for an RZ Target. 

I agree that that is better than nothing. But that's my point is that the FA class doesn't offer anyone that's a difference maker. Its guys like Humphries (who I like) who are really just the same as the Enunwa's and Robby's of the NFL. Above average WRs but not anyone that teams are scared of and making big differences. I feel we need that difference making WR to help Darnold. I fear that we keep rolling out these above average guys, he will never be great.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree that that is better than nothing. But that's my point is that the FA class doesn't offer anyone that's a difference maker. Its guys like Humphries (who I like) who are really just the same as the Enunwa's and Robby's of the NFL. Above average WRs but not anyone that teams are scared of and making big differences. I feel we need that difference making WR to help Darnold. I fear that we keep rolling out these above average guys, he will never be great.

Not necessarily. If you look at SB winners recently, basically none had elite #1 receivers. If we can build a really strong o-line and run game with a solid passing game, we’ll be fine if our D steps up. 

9 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not necessarily. If you look at SB winners recently, basically none had elite #1 receivers. If we can build a really strong o-line and run game with a solid passing game, we’ll be fine if our D steps up. 

True. A lot depends on Darnold, he’ll make his receivers look better than they are if he becomes the Elite talent we think we have. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

DK, Harry, and Butler definitely have more upside. In terms of developing into better RZ targets, I don’t know about that. JJ is going to be drafted where he is because he’s an elite RZ target. He was 3rd in the country in TD’s last year. He dominates in the RZ and uses his body better than most. 

I have JJ as my WR5 behind these guys and AJ Brown. Great red zone weapon and surprisingly good route runner. He will boost this WR corp.

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we should sign a guy and draft a guy. Sign Moncrief cheap, I like his upside and his price tag. He did poorly yesterday but so did everybody catching passes from Blake Bortles. He was good when healthy in Indy, definitely worth a flier. This allows you to keep Q in the slot too.

Then draft the best wide recevier available at 68, or trade up if your guy is there. I really don't see 10 WR's getting drafted before our 3rd round pick. We can get a difference maker at 68. Still wish we took Keenan Allen in 2013 in the third round over Brian Winters, I was so mad that day. Screw you Idzik.

And that’s why I say once Darnold is a franchise great QB we can change that philosophy. But to get him to that level he is going to need great talent. This debate is always brought up. But it’s in essence comparing Brady to Darnold like they’re on the same level. When that’s not the case.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And that’s why I say once Darnold is a franchise great QB we can change that philosophy. But to get him to that level he is going to need great talent. This debate is always brought up. But it’s in essence comparing Brady to Darnold like they’re on the same level. When that’s not the case.

Wentz didn’t have elite receiving talent around him. Neither did Foles. 

Julian Edelman is a elite receiver,  in fact he is a nightmare. He is the best third receiver in the NFL. I just wish we had him.

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ertz, Jeffrey, Agholor, Smith and Burton is quite a bit better than what we have IMO.

Saying they have a better WR core than us isn’t saying much, I’d only take Ertz and Jeffries over what we have now tbh. Reason Foles was so good is because of how good of a playcaller and Coach Peterson is and how good their OL play was. 

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ertz, Jeffrey, Agholor, Smith and Burton is quite a bit better than what we have IMO.

Herndon could be Ertz. I’d take Robby, Enunwa, and one of the upper end slots in FA over Alshon, Nelson, and Torrey. Alshon hasn’t been great in philly so far. 

10 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Julian Edelman is a elite receiver,  in fact he is a nightmare. He is the best third receiver in the NFL. I just wish we had him.

Dude, he’s not even top 10. Wes Walker was a much better slot receiver than Edelman. 

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Saying they have a better WR core than us isn’t saying much, I’d only take Ertz and Jeffries over what we have now tbh. Reason Foles was so good is because of how good of a playcaller and Coach Peterson is and how good their OL play was. 

Alshon isn’t even that good anymore. He hasn’t surpassed 1000 yards in 4 or 5 years. 

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Alshon isn’t even that good anymore. He hasn’t surpassed 1000 yards in 4 or 5 years. 

He did make some big catches for them during the Superbowl run though.

And one massive drop last year.

Archived