Scalamania's mock off-season v1

Scalamania

Here is my first 2019 mock off-season. The focus/direction of this off-season was to acquire bargain impact free agents and work through the draft to get some young depth - I know there's no real "big splash" in this mock and some people may be disappointed by that. However, I feel that the core we have just needs some minor tweaking and that's what I did below.

As always, feel free to tear it apart.

2019 NFL Free Agents

Jay Ajayi, HB
DJ Alexander, LB
BJ Bello, LB
Ronald Darby, CB
Jake Elliot, K
Brandon Graham, DE
Corey Graham, S
Bruce Hector, DT
Jordan Hicks, LB
Chris Long, DE
Rick Lovato, LS
Chris Maragos, S
Jordan Matthews, WR
Haloti Ngata, DT
LaRoy Reynolds, LB
Richard Rodgers, TE
Darrn Sproles, RB
Nate Sudfeld, QB
Golden Tate, WR
Mike Wallace, WR
Chance Warmack, G
Paul Worrilow, LB

2019 Re-signings
Jordan Hicks, LB // 3 years, 12M (injury out)
Nate Sudfeld, QB // 2 years, 4M
Bruce Hector, DT // 1 year, 1M
Rick Lovato, LS // 1 year
Jake Elliot, K // 1 year

2019 Not Re-signed / Retired/ Released
Jay Ajayi, HB // Oakland Raiders
DJ Alexander, LB // N/A
BJ Bello, LB // N/A
Brandon Graham, DE // New York Jets
Chris Maragos, S // N/A
Jordan Matthews, WR // Houston Texans
Richard Rodgers, TE // Seattle Seahawks
Darren Sproles, RB // Minnesota Vikings
Mike Wallace, WR // Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Chance Warmack, OG // New York Giants

Jason Peters, OT // retired
Corey Graham, S // retired
Haloti Ngata, DT // retired
Chris Long, EDGE //  retired

Wendell Smallwood, RB // released
Timmy Jerningan, DT// released
Nelson Agholor, WR // released
Timmy Jerningan, DT// released

2019 Free Agency
Trever Siemian, QB // 1 year, 750K
John Brown, WR // 2 years, 14M
Rishard Matthews, WR // 1 year, 1.5M
Quinton Spain, OG // 1 year, 1.5M
Spencer Ware, RB // 1 year, 2M
Timmy Jerningan, DT // 1 year, 4M
Benson Mayowa, DE // 3 years, 9M
George Iloka, S // 1 year, 1.5M

2019 NFL Draft
1.26 // The Philadelphia Eagles trade 1.25 & 6.25 to the Green Bay Packers (Noah Fant, TE) for 1.30 & 4.12
1.30 from Green Bay // Greg Little, OT, Mississippi
2.21 - from Baltimore // Amani Hooker, S, Iowa
2.25 // The Philadelphia Eagles trade 2.25 and 5.25 to the New York Jets for 3.4 and 4.3
3.4 from New York Jets // Joe Jackson, EDGE, Miami
4.3 from New York Jets// Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston
4.12 from Green Bay //Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma State
4.25 // Max Scharping, OL, Northern Illinois 
4.comp // TJ Edwards, LB, Wisconsin
6.comp // Anthony Ratliff-Williams, WR/KR, North Carolina

Offensive Starters
QB - Carson Wentz
RB - Spencer Ware
WR - Alshon Jeffery
WR - John Brown
SWR - Rishard Matthews
TE - Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert
LT - Lane Johnson
LG - Stefan Wisnewski
C - Jason Kelce
RG - Quinton Spain
RT - Greg Little

Defenisve Starters
RDE - Derek Barnett
DT - Timmy Jerningan
DT - Fletcher Cox
LDE - Michael Bennett
OLB - Kamu Gruiger-Hill
MLB - Jordan Hicks
OLB - Nigel Bradham
CB - Cre'Von LeBelanc
CB - Jalen Mills/Sidney Jones
CB - Avonte Maddox
S - Malcom Jenkins
S - Rodney McCleod

It is realistic. I just don’t love anything about it.

I don’t like the idea of cutting Nelly. I’d rather extend him to reduce his cap hit. He is a young and very good slot wr.

I don’t think JP retires. 

I’m all about going T early, but I don’t love Little.

i think Khalen Saunders is my favorite pick of yours but I think he’ll rise as draft day approaches 

33 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don’t like the idea of cutting Nelly. I’d rather extend him to reduce his cap hit. He is a young and very good slot wr.

I did mess with the idea of extending him but I just couldn't find a middle ground and I think someone will overpay with him. 

34 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don’t think JP retires. 

Also went back and forth on this but it seemed like every other quarter he was hurt last year. I don't think his body can hold up anymore. 

34 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m all about going T early, but I don’t love Little.

Also don't love Little - however, he has the tools (needs a little tweaking), the build and the athleticism to be able to start from day one. Kind of reminds me a bit of Ronnie Stanley tbh.

Thanks for the feedback!

Don’t have a real problem with anything. It’s not a very “Howie” offseason but that’s not to say Howie can even have one. 

I also don’t think JP retires. And with that, hate moving Lane to LT. He was terrible there when he was tested out. And in today’s NFL where rushing ends are everywhere, I’d rather not jeopardize two positions. 

I think it was decent maneuvering around our money issues and this is pretty much what’s to be expected for the foreseeable future with Carson’s contract kicking and our major pieces in position already. Just really need to hit on young stars. 

FA: C-, Don't mind Siemian or John Brown or even bringing back Timmy J, I think the rest wouldn't provide anything to this team, even with all the retirements/moves

Draft: B, loves the trades, Amani is my fav safety he played in the slot, he can cover, play CF (yes a little bias). Not big on Little or drafting a RT that needs a year or two in the first. I think Vaitai has played well in moments and who knows what's molded from the putty that is Rugby guy. The rest will provide depth or challenge for roster spots.

Misc: Surprised you waited until the 4th for a RB with Ware as the free agent signee. Also I think John Brown isn't a slot guy I think you would need to address that as well. 

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

Also I think John Brown isn't a slot guy I think you would need to address that as well. 

In this scenario I have Rishard Matthews in the slot and Brown on the outside. 

Amani is my fav safety he played in the slot, he can cover, play CF

Also love Amani, probably my favorite safety in this class. I think he's being majorly underrated right now. 

FA: C-, Don't mind Siemian or John Brown or even bringing back Timmy J, I think the rest wouldn't provide anything to this team, even with all the retirements/moves

Don't disagree - I think adding some decent depth should be the goal of this off-season. I do think Spain (if Brooks can recover quickly) and Mayowa are two underrated free agents this year. 

Surprised you waited until the 4th for a RB with Ware as the free agent signee.

I've said it before, I'm not as high on this RB class as some are. I think Jacobs, Harris, and Montgomery are all overrated and the only back I would consider taking in the first 3 rounds would be Snell. My three favorite targets for us are Weber, Hill and James Williams. 

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I've said it before, I'm not as high on this RB class as some are. I think Jacobs, Harris, and Montgomery are all overrated and the only back I would consider taking in the first 3 rounds would be Snell. My three favorite targets for us are Weber, Hill and James Williams. 

No love for Holyfield? 

Not keen on FA, no real impact playef or no players to replace any production of players we have leaving.

Draft is a D, hate the trades back, like Armani hooker but dont think hes available at that pick. Hate the Hill pick, Hes a situational RB at best. 

Overall you went for depth and youth, which Is good however eagles draft history scares me into needing a bigger FA splash.

On 2/27/2019 at 11:03 PM, ninjapirate said:

I'd say DT is our biggest need you completley ignore it here. Back injuries dont heal i fully expect timmy to be ineffective or miss most games the rest of his career.

I had us trading Foles to Jacksonville for a 3rd and had a DT in there but had to quick edit it. After the combine I'll be updating the draft. 

Archived