2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

Re: polite

Tafur had some stuff  in the athletic about him a few weeks back at the combine. Said he also thinks he's a good kid, if a little immature. Not that different than Arden Key in that way IMO.

Plays hard:

And I can find a million plays of how explosive is. He flashes a long arm, spin, and shows the ability to bend and turn the corner consistently.

Some have suggested Polite isn't even on our board but totally ignore that we drafted Arden Key last year. Polite had one poor interview, Key actually had disciplinary issues at LSU and showed poor work ethic during his career there. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Some have suggested Polite isn't even on our board but totally ignore that we drafted Arden Key last year. Polite had one poor interview, Key actually had disciplinary issues at LSU and showed poor work ethic during his career there. 

mayock wasn't involved with that pick and he was taken in the 3rd, not 1st.

15 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Re: polite

Tafur had some stuff  in the athletic about him a few weeks back at the combine. Said he also thinks he's a good kid, if a little immature. Not that different than Arden Key in that way IMO.

Plays hard:

And I can find a million plays of how explosive is. He flashes a long arm, spin, and shows the ability to bend and turn the corner consistently.

From that play I saw a guy get lost in the fake, knew he was fooled badly and should've gotten to the QB since he was untouched....so he kept pursuing because he realized he should've made a play on the QB instead of bitting on the fake, followed the play long enough that after all the bad tackling he was there 20yds down the field.

Great effort to keep pursuing but don't need guys who should be making plays behind the line of scrimmage and not 20yds later.  What good is burst if there's no control or awareness?

There was a second D lineman who jogged his way down the field and assisted on the tackle....that's what defenders are supposed to do until the play is dead.....but the play shouldn't have even been that successful in the first place....dude was untouched and bit hard.

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

mayock wasn't involved with that pick and he was taken in the 3rd, not 1st.

Gruden has the final call on personnel decisions and we will probably be able to get Polite at 35. This article shows how overblown the combine stuff was with him, he's going to light up his pro day in 2 weeks.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/3/15/18265520/nfl-offseason-2019-projection-draft-odell-beckham-jr-jason-myers-and-jachai-polite-seattle-seahawks

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I didn’t like Key coming out of college, seemed like your typical average rotational rusher. Key can’t hold a jockstrap to Polite imo. 

Key was a monster as a sophomore and looked like a potential top 10 pick. Then he got hurt, got fat, didn't produce, and got in trouble for weed. 

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And he never put on such tape again after mental and weight issues. Final year tape is by far most important.

You have to look at the collective body of work although the final season should be emphasized more. 

I have a feeling this off season is gonna keep getting whackier and whackier. Mayock/Gruden pick McKenzie up by the ankles and fleece him for pick 13 and Xaivien Howard and give up Derek Carr. Raiders use 24 and 35 to move up to #1 and possess 1, 13, and 27 in the first round. 

Not saying I want this to happen but keep an open mind this off season. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I have a feeling this off season is gonna keep getting whackier and whackier. Mayock/Gruden pick McKenzie up by the ankles and fleece him for pick 13 and Xaivien Howard and give up Derek Carr. Raiders use 24 and 35 to move up to #1 and possess 1, 13, and 27 in the first round. 

Not saying I want this to happen but keep an open mind this off season. 

We're not trading Carr. They're clearly building an offense for him this offseason, if he can't perform this year we'll look elsewhere at QB. AB's agent said one of the main reasons they agreed to come to Oakland was to play with Carr, do you think he's going to be happy if we ship him off and replace him with a below average QB?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

We're not trading Carr. They're clearly building an offense for him this offseason, if he can't perform this year we'll look elsewhere at QB. AB's agent said one of the main reasons they agreed to come to Oakland was to play with Carr, do you think he's going to be happy if we ship him off and replace him with a below average QB?

You work in the front office? I want us to give Carr another year. But what we do doesn’t depend on what fans think. 

Brown was ok with the QB situation here. As long as there is a stable QB in place he isn’t going to complain. He has worked with Kyler due to his brother and has said multiple positive things about the guy and has met him on several occasions at Oklahoma games, probably hung out with him multiple times as well. 

I’m just saying never say never and keep an open mind. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

You work in the front office? I want us to give Carr another year. But what we do doesn’t depend on what fans think. 

Brown was ok with the QB situation here. As long as there is a stable QB in place he isn’t going to complain. He has worked with Kyler due to his brother and has said multiple positive things about the guy and has met him on several occasions at Oklahoma games, probably hung out with him multiple times as well. 

I’m just saying never say never and keep an open mind. 

I would bet my life savings that Carr is the starting QB to begin the year. 

Archived