2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

If Murray goes one, I think both SF and NY make their picks. This is how I see it going right now:

1. Murray

2. Q. Williams

3. Bosa

This puts Oakland in the position to either A) pick a player like Josh Allen, or B) trade back to a team wanting Haskins.

As much as I like Allen, I'm in the camp that a trade back is the prudent move. The Packers addressing their edge need in whole, and the Lions addressing it in part, in free agency should push the edge talent down the board. In my mock both Gary and Ferrell will be available in the middle of the first.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Man I will never understand the hype with this guy. He's not even a top five passenger in this class in my opinion. Look at his production, most his sacks he was untouched getting to QB.

His best position is not edge it's linebacker, Trying to force him to be a pure edge Would be a failure. He's a 3-4 outside linebacker And doesn't fit the raider scheme in my opinion.

Agreed. Just looking at the advanced stats of his production you can tell he's not a full-time edge. 

In this draft class, he ranks 9th in outside pressures, 58th in inside pressures, and 104th in bull rush pressures. Not to mention he also ranks 27th in run stop percentage. If he's unable to consistently win with power or to the inside in college, how is he going to be able to do it in the NFL? I see Anthony Barr when I look at Josh Allen. Premier athlete that's able to win with athleticism and quickness in college but someone that doesn't have the power or strength to be a full-time edge in the NFL.

I would not mind trading down from 4 to the middle of the first and using the draft capital gained to trade down into the middle of the first with the 24th pick and getting 2 DE.  If we could get 2 from Sweat, Ferrel, and Gary we could be in pretty good shape.  Then we could snag LJ Collier or Anthony Nelson on day 3 if they are there.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I would not mind trading down from 4 to the middle of the first and using the draft capital gained to trade down into the middle of the first with the 24th pick and getting 2 DE.  If we could get 2 from Sweat, Ferrel, and Gary we could be in pretty good shape.  Then we could snag LJ Collier or Anthony Nelson on day 3 if they are there.

Not sure we could fleece them but I'd be open to a trade with the New York Giants.

* Trade #4 & #35 to New York for #6 & #17 * 

#6: Devin White, ILB, LSU

#17: Montez Sweat, Edge, Mississippi State

#24: Clelin Ferrel, Edge, Clemson

#27: Juan Thornhill, DB, Virginia

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Not sure we could fleece them but I'd be open to a trade with the New York Giants.

* Trade #4 & #35 to New York for #6 & #17 * 

#6: Devin White, ILB, LSU

#17: Montez Sweat, Edge, Mississippi State

#24: Clelin Ferrel, Edge, Clemson

#27: Juan Thornhill, DB, Virginia

If we scored baker at 27 that would be my dream draft

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

How many safeties do you expect the Raiders to start?

Joyner is mostly going to play slot CB. I don't have faith in Joseph and Harris being a great safety tandem going forward, plus Thornhill can play FS or CB.

I do agree Allen is overrated. I would take Sweat over Allen with a trade down. Similar skill sets TBH. I think Sweat will be a better pass rusher but lesser than Allen in coverage and I’d possibly take Ferrell over both. I love Ferrells complete skillset. No flaws in his game. And a PG DE. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Joyner is mostly going to play slot CB. I don't have faith in Joseph and Harris being a great safety tandem going forward, plus Thornhill can play FS or CB.

Joyner will start alongside Joseph or Harris in base and roll down in nickel. Considering persistent needs at RB, TE, and potentially guard, I just don't see picking a safety in the first round being prudent or smart.

Just now, BayRaider said:

I do agree Allen is overrated. I would take Sweat over Allen with a trade down. Similar skill sets TBH. I think Sweat will be a better pass rusher but lesser than Allen in coverage and I’d possibly take Ferrell over both. I love Ferrells complete skillset. No flaws in his game. And a PG DE. 

Allen won't be a full-time edge, he'll be at his best in a scheme that moves him around.

4 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Please let this be Mayock creating draft value for teams wanting to trade up. I’ll be pissed if they draft a QB with one of the first 4 picks.

If we draft Lock, even at 35, I’ll hack this site and delete the Raider forum. 

7 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Joyner will start alongside Joseph or Harris in base and roll down in nickel. Considering persistent needs at RB, TE, and potentially guard, I just don't see picking a safety in the first round being prudent or smart.

Based on what everyone has said Joyner is mostly going to be utilized as a slot CB. Harris was okay and Joseph was solid but didn't even play most of last season. We could easily move on from both guys after next season plus Joyner and Thornhill can move all around the field. 

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Let me go full on homer when I say Anthony Nelson has the tools to be a real good pro and some teams fans are going to fall in love with him.

Archived