BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

3 hours ago, WFLukic said:

There's no restriction like that in the NFL. I don't see why we'd apply the same here. 

I'm not sure if you're realized, but we don't exactly mimic the NFL in every aspect. It's sort of in the title of the league.

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Does that then open things to subjectivity in the form of "well he's a starter in my base sets, but everyone runs spread so I rarely use base sets BUT he is a starter." Stuff like that?

It definitely could.  I mean there's always going to be the potential for people to 'play the system'.

Just now, wwhickok said:

It definitely could.  I mean there's always going to be the potential for people to 'play the system'.

Right. As it stands there really is no room for subjectivity and unnecessary debate. Have a player hit IR? Get one extra claim. 

This is one of those situations where there are a number of theoretical options that sound better, but will cause more problems in practicality.  The current system might not be perfect, but it's simple, effective, and doesn't allow for many shenanigans.  And that makes me happy.

8 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Right. As it stands there really is no room for subjectivity and unnecessary debate. Have a player hit IR? Get one extra claim. 

I also dont agree with creating a baseline for jumping a team up in the waiver order due to an injury to a starter over a backup or whatever.

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

But should you get an additional claim? After all IR claims exist to replace injured players

I think the time frame should be extended beyond one week after IR  placement. I dontvthink you should get more than 2 per week.

1 minute ago, BringinDaPain said:

Wouldn't 1 be plenty?

Lets say you have 3 guys hit IR in one week. You currently only get to use one of those additional slots with the one week rule.

Archived