BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

1 hour ago, BringinDaPain said:

I see where several GM's have concern with the roster size being 70 to 60. Well if you draft correctly and sign the right FA for depth, You should not fear to having this problem. If you do then you really don't to be here.

Trust me.  When injuries hit, the football gods dictate that they annihilate one position group you have, not be spread out evenly.

26 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

This could sway some votes the wrong way without knowing about the salary cap drop.

Just making you aware that there can be a domino effect. It may not happen but I know I'd vote for a smaller cap with smaller rosters.  That only makes sense logically 

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Trust me.  When injuries hit, the football gods dictate that they annihilate one position group you have, not be spread out evenly.

Then you trade/sign a guy and he gets hurt the first game after a transaction is completed.

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Oh newbies.  You have so much to learn 

Also if we lower roster size we're really gonna have to drop Sal cap 

I think people would be a whole lot smarter with their money if we drop the roster sizes.

My thoughts:

Yes drop to 60. It will disuade the speculation grabs and people will focus more on sure talent as they dont have as much roster flexibility.

If it is dropped to 60 I would agree with the sub 700 cuts but only deals on one year to go. 

51 minutes ago, PR said:

My thoughts:

Yes drop to 60. It will disuade the speculation grabs and people will focus more on sure talent as they dont have as much roster flexibility.

If it is dropped to 60 I would agree with the sub 700 cuts but only deals on one year to go. 

I think part of the fun is the speculation grabs.  Getting that guy that flashed one week and could be something or nothing.  I think it rewards watching football and reading articles.  Because that forces researched speculation grabs.

What I do not want is uninformed, mass speculation grabs because people can cut them more quickly.  

Part of why I am against the changes in 1A-D is that I feel like it encourages laziness in scouting players, watching football, and doing research.  Scouting doesn't stop after the draft.

Archived