BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

So 8 wants two 6 wants 3 and 2 want neither.  That's not a majority so that's a wrap on changing schedule 

That's literally every single owner.  Sorry 

No, because we can change votes and I'll change to Prop 2 before I let the schedule stay the same.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

No, because we can change votes and I'll change to Prop 2 before I let the schedule stay the same.

That's literally not the way we've handled votes like ever lol.  Everyone votes.  Finals gets tallied... Then next topic 

If not you're just opening up shananigans down the road 

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

That's literally not the way we've handled votes like ever lol.  Everyone votes.  Finals gets tallied... Then next topic 

If not you're just opening up shananigans down the road 

You can change your vote.  We just saw that happen.

If the choice is between prop 2 and no change, I vote for prop 2.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

So...wouldnt no change be minority and not 3?

25 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Yes it should.

Owners meeting is built like this:

We have a current situation

We have a proposal to change

A majority is needed for change 

Here we had several proposals. So I sorted out the best proposal for all owners with a progressive elimination system. Now it's this proposal vs the no change scenario.

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

So when 3 had 8 and 2 had three it should have been eliminated?  Good to know.......

Hence I why I stated yesterday that I kept a window until this morning for people to change their votes if needed

15 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

So 8 wants two 6 wants 3 and 2 want neither.  That's not a majority so that's a wrap on changing schedule 

That's literally every single owner.  Sorry 

This is dumb and exactly why I did this system. If a majority of people want to change a situation but have preferred ways to change it, you can't rule against a change that majority wants because this majority disagrees on how to do it.

Btw I run another issue (reduction of draft I think) the exact same way and no one made a fuss about it.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

He's only voting that way, potentially because of the 2 choices, not because he prefers 2 over 3.

I like 3, can live with 2, and no change is unacceptable to me.

So I will do what's necessary to keep no change from happening.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I like 3, can live with 2, and no change is unacceptable to me.

So I will do what's necessary to keep no change from happening.

Which is exactly why I did a progressive elimination system.

You had three factors here:

1. Games during preseason or not

2. 14 weeks vs 12 weeks

3. Thanksgiving vs week 17 off.

Everyone has a different preferences a different importance degree attached to all those factors. Some people absolutely don't want preseason games (me), some absolutely want to avoid week 17 mess (Hockey) some absolutely want Thanksgiving off (Whicker/Rags), some want to absolutely keep 14 weeks (bcb).

The way I run it allows to:

1. Everyone can vote for their preferred option

2. Everyone can swtich to options that fit what they vote if their option is minoritary

3. Everyone can vote on what they absolutely disagree to as the final choice is their preferred proposal if their preferred proposal didn't get the majority

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Which is exactly why I did a progressive elimination system.

You had three factors here:

1. Games during preseason or not

2. 14 weeks vs 12 weeks

3. Thanksgiving vs week 17 off.

Everyone has a different preferences a different importance degree attached to all those factors. Some people absolutely don't want preseason games (me), some absolutely want to avoid week 17 mess (Hockey) some absolutely want Thanksgiving off (Whicker/Rags), some want to absolutely keep 14 weeks (bcb).

The way I run it allows to:

1. Everyone can vote for their preferred option

2. Everyone can swtich to options that fit what they vote if their option is minoritary

3. Everyone can vote on what they absolutely disagree to as the final choice is their preferred proposal if their preferred proposal didn't get the majority

I guess the part im misunderstanding is that the 'no change' was the minority.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I guess the part im misunderstanding is that the 'no change' was the minority.

Which I get. As Jlash (?) explained earlier, owner's meeting has always been:

1 proposal : Yes or or no

Given the complexity of the subject and multiplicity of factors, I thought it best to have a pre-vote (basically a primary for you Americans) on which proposal should be voted on. But like in a primary, if you already know you're voting for the other side, you won't be part of it, so I kept the option for Jlash and MD4L to not be part of it

Archived