BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

25 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Figured as much. No worries. Do you have any material from the schedules you had already created for the upcoming years? 

Mainly want to try and keep it as close as we can.

Really you're gonna have to revamp the whole thing and figure out standings and who faces who every year.  When it was 14 it was just a rotating scheduele every three years with years 4-6 flipping home and away 

New schedule you're gonna have to start from scratch every year 

21 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I could probably have the schedule for the next 4 years done today (pending work not blowing up on me) if you give me the last few years schedules.

No you can't lol.   You're gonna have to make a new one every season with first playing first etc 

Welcome to unbalanced scheduele hell 

8 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Really you're gonna have to revamp the whole thing and figure out standings and who faces who every year.  When it was 14 it was just a rotating scheduele every three years with years 4-6 flipping home and away 

New schedule you're gonna have to start from scratch every year 

I mainly meant to see where we were in the divisional rotation.

11 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

No you can't lol.   You're gonna have to make a new one every season with first playing first etc 

It’s not that bad.

15 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

It’s not that bad.

Agreed. It was worse when we had 18 teams in the league and 3 divisions of 6.

24 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I mainly meant to see where we were in the divisional rotation.

It is doesn't matter where we are in the divisional rotation 

Easiest thing to do do is 6 division games 

Then 

Teams 1&2 play allteams 1&2.   Teams 3&4 play all teams 3&4

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

I’m a bit disappointed in lesser games, but my greatest issue with the schedule is limited activity in the playoffs. Not sure it’s been changed with a new ruling.

I am as well.  However, fewer games is preferable to Thanksgiving games and week 17 problems.  We needed to do something and hopefully this resolves the issue.

50 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I am as well.  However, fewer games is preferable to Thanksgiving games and week 17 problems.  We needed to do something and hopefully this resolves the issue.

I too am disappointed, dony like that Option 3 was eliminated as that was a far better choice imo. I would hope this issue gets represented again next season with a better option on the table.

Just to recap everything:

The idea was to change the season schedule. As always in an Owner's meeting, you have to have a yes/no vote with a majority of yes to adopt a change. Because of the many options on the table and the multiple factors to consider, I wanted to sort out the proposal who would gather a majority of votes, as each owner attaches a different degree of importance on all factors involved. We started the item with 4 proposals to change the season schedule + the possibility to have nothing changed. The votes of every owner went like this (first choices):

Prop 1. Reduce to 12 games, start in preseason week 4 (no w17, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas) - 1 = @SirA1

Prop 2. Reduce to 12 games, start week 1 (no thanksgiving, no w17) - 4 = @TedLavie @Whicker @Hockey5djh @pheltzbahr

Prop 3. Stick with 14 games, start in preseason week 4 (no Thanksgiving) - 6 = @bcb1213 @Ragnarok @wwhickok @Counselor @RuskieTitan @WFLukic

Prop 4. Stick with 14 games start in preseason week 3 (no Thanksgiving no w17) - 3 = @PR @SwoleXmad @BringinDaPain

Prop 5. No change - 2 = @MD4L @Jlash

Prop 1 was eliminated. SirA 2nd choice was prop 2

Prop 4 was then eliminated (5 vs 6 vs 3). PR, Xmad and BDP 2nd choice were all on prop 2.

Prop 3 was then eliminated (6 vs 8). bcb and Counselor went to prop 5. wwhicock and Rags went to prop 2

Therefore current status is:

Reduce to 12 games, with no Thanksgiving and no W17

YES (10) - Rags, wwhicock, Ted, Whicker, Hockey, pheltz, SirA, BDP, Xmad, PR

NO (4) - Counselor, bcb, MD4L, Jlash

I do think this was the best method to get to the most satisfactory result for most owners, though it took a lot of time and effort. It is of course arguable, but I've argued enough.

Now, was I factually incorrect in any of the details before?

If not, we can move on to a much more relaxing item 13, starting tomorrow

Archived