Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

35 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Off your lack of respect for someones Idea that actually makes sense. Since hypothetically you know if Grant was to be signed he than would take reps away from the rest of the WRs and Gruden would favorite him over Quinn. 

It's not a hypothetical.

If you have 20 minutes to run drills you only have so many reps to do it. If Grant is participating in those drills he's taking up the reps that would go to other WRs. How is this a hypothetical? It's not. It's what happens in OTAs, minicamps and camp.

And yes, Gruden favors him. It's why his nickname is "Ryan Gruden"

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Holy hell, Ryan Grant? Are we that far to the bottom of the dumpster? 

Apparently he's the veteran presence we never needed. But people seem to want around.

I love WRs who can't catch, can't run, and aren't elusive. How about you?

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Apparently he's the veteran presence we never needed. But people seem to want around.

Those are actually mine and Jay Grudens favorite type of receiver. 

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well for 1, I’ve never claimed Grant to be anything than a reliable jag/mediocre. I’ve never claimed him to be great, I too know what he is and I actually like what he is for a back up WR.

Consistently mediocre is what I want out of my #4 WR bc I know I can at least count on the guy to come in, run the right routes and catch 3 to 5 balls a game if a starter goes down and help keep our passing game a float like Grant did in 2017.  We actually needed that last year and didn’t have it - I thought we would with Harris but didn’t - when Crowder and PRich went down with injuries. We need that out of a back up, a WR who doesn’t even get to start every game but can come in and at least produce something. That’s what we need. That’s more consistent than what Doctson has given us in 3 years.

Except he didn't really. The guy can't get separation except from the slowest of LBers. That's not a ringing endorsement for a WR.

You're asking for a vet presence? We have that in PRich and Doctson. The rest need to be rooks or the 2nd year guys who need to be given a chance. They might flame out (on a 1-10 scale) as "3's". But they might end up being "8" and "9's". Instead, you're okay with the consistently awful Ryan Grant's "5". I'm not. I want the youngsters to get more reps against the 1's and 2's in camp. Only then do we see what we have.

And if we have bupkiss when the season rolls around? We give Grant a call. He'll still be at home.

21 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It's not a hypothetical.

If you have 20 minutes to run drills you only have so many reps to do it. If Grant is participating in those drills he's taking up the reps that would go to other WRs. How is this a hypothetical? It's not. It's what happens in OTAs, minicamps and camp.

And yes, Gruden favors him. It's why his nickname is "Ryan Gruden"

Quinn was supposedly Grudens favorite last year so I'm not buying the favorite story. Or I'll ask, who will Jay favorite be then with both on the team? Again if Grant was to beat out these WRs thats a problem. Deal with it. Bruce isn't communicating with Jay so the move isn't gonna happen but if it did (key word) would be on board with it. 

30 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It was a freaking suggestions. Damn act like adults. If you don't agree, Agree to Disagree. Taking cheap shots and tyrna undermined people is childish. His Veteran presence as a slot WR is better than what we have now. That's a FACT no one can deny. 

24 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Quinn was supposedly Grudens favorite last year so I'm not buying the favorite story. Or I'll ask, who will Jay favorite be then with both on the team? Again if Grant was to beat out these WRs thats a problem. Deal with it. Bruce isn't communicating with Jay so the move isn't gonna happen but if it did (key word) would be on board with it. 

Quinn was injured. Quinn also showed something last year that he could eventually replace Crowder on the roster. Which he has. Grant has always just been kept around as someone to back up the backups. And he's been kept despite the fact that the only thing he has going for him is ST's.

And to me that's not enough. I mean it IS enough... if 7-9 and 8-8 is what you're shooting for every year

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Quinn was injured. Quinn also showed something last year that he could eventually replace Crowder on the roster. Which he has. Grant has always just been kept around as someone to back up the backups. And he's been kept despite the fact that the only thing he has going for him is ST's.

And to me that's not enough. I mean it IS enough... if 7-9 and 8-8 is what you're shooting for every year

Than he should have no problem beating out Grant. I want to put the best team together. If that team is 8-8 or 0-16 I know I put the best team together. So what's next?

16 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

It was a freaking suggestions. Damn act like adults. If you don't agree, Agree to Disagree. Taking cheap shots and tyrna undermined people is childish. 

I'm not undermining anyone. He's a veteran presence we don't need and I seriously can't believe people are trying to die on a hill to sign this guy back. I literally cannot make that any more of a parody than it already is.

His Veteran presence as a slot WR is better than what we have now. That's a FACT no one can deny. 

We have veteran presence. And Quinn is a 2nd year WR. Let's look at the WR corps.

PRich

Dox

Quinn

Quick

Sims

Davis

Chesson

Kidsy

And that is BEFORE we draft anyone else. So add two more WRs to the mix (assuming 2) from the draft

So it looks like this...

PRich

Dox

Quinn

Quick

Sims

Davis

Chesson

Kidsy

DRAFT 1

DRAFT 2

Grant??

Only 5 are gonna make the roster. 

PRich

Dox

Quinn

Are the locks. You're telling me that with already 66% of the locks on the roster being veterans, that we need more veteran presence? 

Dox...also can't get open either. So your solution is to add ANOTHER WR that is the same only worse?

Nope. For those last two spots I want upside. Not a plodding mule.

24 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

It was a freaking suggestions. Damn act like adults. If you don't agree, Agree to Disagree. Taking cheap shots and tyrna undermined people is childish. His Veteran presence as a slot WR is better than what we have now. That's a FACT no one can deny. 

Not a shot at you at all. I wanted Grant off the team for years. He’s the reason Rashad Ross isn’t on the roster. He’s just not very good and I would for the team to revisit that. Let’s move on from the guys who can’t help the team win. 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Than he should have no problem beating out Grant. I want to put the best team together. If that team is 8-8 or 0-16 I know I put the best team together. So what's next?

He wouldn't if it's an honest competition. But Gruden doesn't do that. It's why Rob Kelley continued to have a roster spot. Same with Grant until the Colts signed him away. And then let him go after only one year. It should be telling that no one thinks that much of him that he is still unsigned this far into FA. Trust me, he's gonna be available midseason if our whole WR corps goes down. He won't be doing much of anything except watching from his couch

Archived