Ravens re-sign TE Nick Boyle for 3 years

DreamKid

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah that's how I feel giving $6M/year with $10M in guarantees to a guy about to be out of the league for PED's who can only block.

No it's how this board feels when you come in here with your reactionary extremely one sided takes. If you don't like it and it isn't pretty, it must be terrible. Hate seeing these twitter takes on this board.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 2

His ability to slide into a FB hybrid role is making this one easier to understand. He’s versatile and for a team who will really try to smash the run game down defenses throats. I’m more accepting of the numbers. 

10 mill guaranteed. That’s not much if we loaded the first two seasons with that.. I haven’t looked at the last two pages yet to see true numbers 

1 minute ago, ravens5520 said:

His ability to slide into a FB hybrid role is making this one easier to understand.

Exactly. It seemed like the team was more comfortable using him there last year, and often opted to not activate Ricard. 

19 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

No it's how this board feels when you come in here with your reactionary extremely one sided takes. If you don't like it and it isn't pretty, it must be terrible. Hate seeing these twitter takes on this board.

No reason, he can't hate the move. I just disagree with it being terrible.

It's a B move to me. I think he fills a key role in the offense, that we wouldn't be able to find someone else to do as well. But, it's cap allocation that could have gone to a playmaker, which he is not.

9 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Exactly. It seemed like the team was more comfortable using him there last year, and often opted to not activate Ricard. 

That’s what I keep reading into this. He’s a nasty blocker and if we do go ahead to draft Jacobs. The offense will be just fine.

add in one vet wr or another rookie. Let’s be honest, we never forecasted LJ to throw 4,000 next year. We just can’t have a big void where defenses can just pile 8 guys in the box. The running game has always been important to Baltimore and I’m excited for next season. Curious who leads the rb carousel this season 

6 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

We just can’t have a big void where defenses can just pile 8 guys in the box.

That's what's so great about our offensive foundation. Defenses go heavy, our TEs can torch them. Defenses go light, our running game can gash them.

I really want to add a legit burner to open things up too. Marquise Brown, Andy Isabella, Emanuel Hall. They'll stretch those defenses out and put the fear in them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's just a terrible deal no matter how you slice it. The only saving grace is that we're pretty good with cap space now that we don't have a huge money QB on the roster.

It's really not, but do your thing man

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Alright fine Nick Boyle is our starting TE. That's kinda sad considering we dumped 2 high picks into the position last year. But I guess since those guys can't block we'll be getting rid of them in 2 years for more blocking TE's now?

If we go back throughout the history of this forum you say 80%+ of the moves we make are bad and get all upset over them.

Wonder how a team that makes that many bad moves consistently has been under .500 once in 11 years. Funny how that works. Especially with a coach in Harbaugh leading them - who you constantly spout off about being overrated too.