Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
showtime

Frank Clark Situation

Recommended Posts

Clark basically saying that if the Seahawks franchise him, that he will 100% walk.  Could be another Earl Thomas situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh. The franchise tag needs to just go away. I'm so tired of this drama bull**** with the stupid FT every offseason. 

We need to resign Clark, though. He's a huge asset on the DL for this team and he's young. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Ugh. The franchise tag needs to just go away. I'm so tired of this drama bull**** with the stupid FT every offseason. 

We need to resign Clark, though. He's a huge asset on the DL for this team and he's young. 

I like the tag, but they need to add a second year guaranteed for injury that does not count against the salary cap or something.

Its ludicrous that a violent sport essentially forces the top players to take massive amounts of risk to give the team long term flexibility. If a guy gets hurt on a tag and cant play a single game the following year, he should get another year at like 50% of the tag amount or something like that. There would need to be some ways to ensure guys dont fake injury, but yeah, something needs to change.

 

Frank Clark is incredible and I really hope you guys are dumb enough to screw this up. I hope the niners draft Josh Allen who would play SAM for us, so that we could swoop up Clark next offseason. Clark Ford Allen Buckner Thomas would be an all time unit lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, N4L said:

I like the tag, but they need to add a second year guaranteed for injury that does not count against the salary cap or something.

Its ludicrous that a violent sport essentially forces the top players to take massive amounts of risk to give the team long term flexibility. If a guy gets hurt on a tag and cant play a single game the following year, he should get another year at like 50% of the tag amount or something like that. There would need to be some ways to ensure guys dont fake injury, but yeah, something needs to change.

 

Frank Clark is incredible and I really hope you guys are dumb enough to screw this up. I hope the niners draft Josh Allen who would play SAM for us, so that we could swoop up Clark next offseason. Clark Ford Allen Buckner Thomas would be an all time unit lol 

That would be a sick crew... and as a Seahawks fan would make me sick to my  stomach. Will be interesting to see what Seattle does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only problem with Clark is Wagner/Reed are free agents in 2020 as well... and Reed has looked pretty promising as a pass rusher. The 2019 draft is EXTREMELY deep with EDGE rushers (probably the deepest I've seen in my lifetime). With Wilson signing $35M per and Clark wanting Mack/Lawrence money (sorry he's not as good as either), I'm not sure Seattle pulls the trigger. 

I think they let him walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 12:09 AM, N4L said:

I like the tag, but they need to add a second year guaranteed for injury that does not count against the salary cap or something.

Its ludicrous that a violent sport essentially forces the top players to take massive amounts of risk to give the team long term flexibility. If a guy gets hurt on a tag and cant play a single game the following year, he should get another year at like 50% of the tag amount or something like that. There would need to be some ways to ensure guys dont fake injury, but yeah, something needs to change.

 

Frank Clark is incredible and I really hope you guys are dumb enough to screw this up. I hope the niners draft Josh Allen who would play SAM for us, so that we could swoop up Clark next offseason. Clark Ford Allen Buckner Thomas would be an all time unit lol 

Clark is a good player but i wouldn't throw the boat at somebody like him he is just very good he isn't a game changer like Mack is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Sacks98 said:

Clark is a good player but i wouldn't throw the boat at somebody like him he is just very good he isn't a game changer like Mack is.

It seems like he wants $20M per year (Lawrence) money.. but IMO he's more a $13-15M type player at the moment. He's not great against the run and can disappear at times. I'd be fine with a 5 year, $70M deal... not 5 year $100M (like I think he wants). Have to let him walk for that...

Edited by NFL_Announcer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Only problem with Clark is Wagner/Reed are free agents in 2020 as well... and Reed has looked pretty promising as a pass rusher. The 2019 draft is EXTREMELY deep with EDGE rushers (probably the deepest I've seen in my lifetime). With Wilson signing $35M per and Clark wanting Mack/Lawrence money (sorry he's not as good as either), I'm not sure Seattle pulls the trigger. 

I think they let him walk.

If the Seahawks weren't going to keep him, it's too bad they didn't trade him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, showtime said:

If the Seahawks weren't going to keep him, it's too bad they didn't trade him.

Trades aren't always that simple.

#1 - Someone would need to give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder (now) - because Clark will certainly net us a 3rd compensatory given he'll likely get $15M+ going to free agency. Few teams give up 1st rounders these days during free agency/pre draft - it's usually midseason desperation trades (it seems). 

#2 - if someone trades him, they need to be ready to spend, and from what I've heard Clark say he wants top 10 DE money ($18-20M+)

 

Even 3rd rounders these days are pretty highly coveted. End of day it's easier for most teams to just wait until he's a free agent, unless they are win now mode... and most of those 'win now' teams can't afford the salary he's asking for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Trades aren't always that simple.

#1 - Someone would need to give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder (now) - because Clark will certainly net us a 3rd compensatory given he'll likely get $15M+ going to free agency. Few teams give up 1st rounders these days during free agency/pre draft - it's usually midseason desperation trades (it seems). 

#2 - if someone trades him, they need to be ready to spend, and from what I've heard Clark say he wants top 10 DE money ($18-20M+)

 

Even 3rd rounders these days are pretty highly coveted. End of day it's easier for most teams to just wait until he's a free agent, unless they are win now mode... and most of those 'win now' teams can't afford the salary he's asking for. 

You're right.  I was just saying it sucks to see a player like that just walk, but I guess it is what it is.  It's unfortunate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

 

What team out there would trade a first rounder AND then pay Frank Clark? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, showtime said:

What team out there would trade a first rounder AND then pay Frank Clark? 

The Raiders are the main team that come to mind given their cap space and wealth of picks...not to mention crazy need for an edge rusher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Raiders are the main team that come to mind given their cap space and wealth of picks...not to mention crazy need for an edge rusher. 

The Raiders still have a lot of cap space after signing both Brown's this off-season?  I didn't know that.  What pick would they give the Seahawks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×