Jets signing LB CJ Mosley

Bianconero

10 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Believe it or not we will. But I'm totally fine if we don't land both. I still think we land Paradis, don't know what happens with Bell. 

Bottom line: Jets landed two dynamic defenders who are relatively "safe" free agency bets, which is very rare to come by. While I realize offense is needed, I would rather sign players who are going to make an impact over the next 4-5 years than guys who will flame out. Both Mosley and Barr are guys that rarely hit free agency, so I'm glad we struck the iron while hot. 

I’d agree if we knew we’d be going offense with valuable picks in the draft. But the writing is on the wall that we go defense. For me I love adding these talented guys. But like you said I think with 100mill and the 3rd pick to only make Osemele, Crowder and (maybe) Paradis as the way we addressed the side of ball that matters... it’s a fail. I hope Macc addresses in some way a difference maker on offense. If we don’t... adding star defenders to be on the field all game won’t help us much. We should know this more than any team. Bc we’ve had great defenses with a poor offense and saw it didn’t work.

Defense wins championships.  The Jets have improved their team with Pro bowlers.  I don't care about the money.  Next year, people will be saying the players are being overpaid.     This is just Day 1 of the offseason signing period.  Lets see what happens before you start criticizing the moves being made.  At this point, Darren Lee is gone.  Trading Lee to KC for Dee Ford would put the Jets LB group into elite status.   GO JETS!!!!!

Just now, famousj said:

Defense wins championships.  The Jets have improved their team with Pro bowlers.  I don't care about the money.  Next year, people will be saying the players are being overpaid.     This is just Day 1 of the offseason signing period.  Lets see what happens before you start criticizing the moves being made.  At this point, Darren Lee is gone.  Trading Lee to KC for Dee Ford would put the Jets LB group into elite status.   GO JETS!!!!!

No it doesn’t. It used to. Not anymore.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No it doesn’t. It used to. Not anymore.

I think it still does to an extent. Offense can carry you to the playoffs but once in the playoffs I feel like defense has more value than it does in the regular season. Offense is still slightly more important tho.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think it still does to an extent. Offense can carry you to the playoffs but once in the playoffs I feel like defense has more value than it does in the regular season. Offense is still slightly more important tho.

Certainly a defense can win you a championship. But it’s been proven over the last several years an offense will get you 99% there. Just look at the teams who have played in the SB the last several years. All great offenses generally speaking. With solid defenses. But I think anyone who thinks the Oats wonntheir SB bc of their defense and aren’t just speaking from a 1 huge game perspective, must have no watched NE all year. Same for LA, KC, NO. Offense carries these teams.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Certainly a defense can win you a championship. But it’s been proven over the last several years an offense will get you 99% there. Just look at the teams who have played in the SB the last several years. All great offenses generally speaking. With solid defenses. But I think anyone who thinks the Oats wonntheir SB bc of their defense and aren’t just speaking from a 1 huge game perspective, must have no watched NE all year. Same for LA, KC, NO. Offense carries these teams.

Yeah the offense will definitely carry you there, just saying in these single game elimination playoff games your defense becomes extremely vital. We now have the versatility at LB to mix things up depending on the opponent.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah the offense will definitely carry you there, just saying in these single game elimination playoff games your defense becomes extremely vital. We now have the versatility at LB to mix things up depending on the opponent.

Absolutely. And I like this move. Like I stated I had Barr and Mosely rated as the 2 best defenders in the whole FA class. And to get both is huge. But I think we are making a huge mistake if we are paying these 2 to neglect offensive players. And that's still tbd. Bc Paradis and Bell coming here can still happen. I just am looking at the picture and seeing that we don't have a ton of rostered players and now have about 45mill left. When I think Paradis and Bell would take up around 25-30 of that, add 7mill or so for the draft and it makes it a tight situation.

Archived