Breaking: Earl Thomas to Ravens

textaz03

This was the only guy I really wanted, and he came cheaper than what I was willing to give. He is a Dallas Cowboys fan, and there is no better way to get the most out of a player than him being a fan of the team he is playing for. Not to mention he is the best safety in football right now, and we tried to trade a 2nd round pick for him mid season. Baffled 

Does Jerry understand that the super bowl trophy doesn't go to the team with the most cap space? If we aren't going to sign someone with a shred of talent outside the organization then why the hell are we playing games with DLaw !? 

Sign DLaw now! How freaking big are they making Daks contract that we can't sign any free agents or any of our own talent outside Dak ********* Prescott!?

Y'know...I'd be ok with missing out on some of these guys if there was at least some progress with getting Lawrence, Prescott, Cooper, etc. extended.

All I've seen so far is us re-signing depth guys and then apparently giving $2.8MM guaranteed to Olawale who did what exactly last year?

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That's only ~$13m+ a year. His cap hits are probably under 10 on two of those years.

That means that his cap hit is $16m+ on 2 of those years. With cap rollover, it doesnt really matter. He basically tied the 2 other safeties that made $14m/yr (his is $13.75m). It feels like during the season everyone wanted him at $10 or less, so this is a 37% increase. That said, I would give him this contract in a heartbeat and never think twice. Missing out on ET3 is really really annoying. 

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

Y'know...I'd be ok with missing out on some of these guys if there was at least some progress with getting Lawrence, Prescott, Cooper, etc. extended.

All I've seen so far is us re-signing depth guys and then apparently giving $2.8MM guaranteed to Olawale who did what exactly last year?

There is still hope that ET3 hasnt signed. So far its in slightly higher than rumor phase. Apparently the Ravens also inked L Bell.... until he actually signed with the Jets. 

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Does Stephen understand that the super bowl trophy doesn't go to the team with the most cap space? If we aren't going to sign someone with a shred of talent outside the organization then why the hell are we playing games with DLaw !? 

Sign DLaw now! How freaking big are they making Daks contract that we can't sign any free agents or any of our own talent outside Dak ********* Prescott!?

FIFY

Archived