Jump to content
WizardHawk

Free agency - who is left.

Recommended Posts

Best list I could find....

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/3/13/18262627/nfl-free-agents-2019-best-available-new-league-year

Still a lot of good players out there. 

Players of interest from leaked draft boards and team visits....

Official visits

Timmy Jernigan (DT)
Adrian Phillips (SS)
Jonathan Cyprien (S)
Bennie Logan (DT)
Gerald Hodges (LB)
Dominique Easley (DT)
Mario Edwards (DT)
B.W. Webb (CB) - eww.
Eli Harold (EDGE)
Alex Okafor (EDGE)

T.J. Yeldon (RB)


Dallas Days or private workout.

Jay Ajayi (RB)
Sean Mannion (QB)
Ty Montgomery (RB/WR)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LB Gerald Hodges, I work with his brother.

He’s from Cinniminson, NJ, was drafted by Vikings, cut last year then picked up by Arizona. Would be a down roster depth signing if anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Webb has actually stepped his game up a bit. I am pretty sure he started some last year, but he ideally he would be quality depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Webb has actually stepped his game up a bit. I am pretty sure he started some last year, but he ideally he would be quality depth.

I know he’s a better player now than when he left, just have to wonder if we have a little too much affinity for guys who’ve been here before. I guess it’s Garrett’s last stand though, might as well let him go down with his ship

Edited by matt79511

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Best list I could find....

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/3/13/18262627/nfl-free-agents-2019-best-available-new-league-year

Still a lot of good players out there. 

Players of interest from leaked draft boards and team visits....

Official visits

Timmy Jernigan (DT)
Adrian Phillips (SS)
Jonathan Cyprien (S)
Bennie Logan (DT)
Gerald Hodges (LB)
Dominique Easley (DT)
Mario Edwards (DT)
B.W. Webb (CB) - eww.
Eli Harold (EDGE)
Alex Okafor (EDGE)

T.J. Yeldon (RB)


Dallas Days or private workout.

Jay Ajayi (RB)
Sean Mannion (QB)
Ty Montgomery (RB/WR)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018613/article/2019-nfl-free-agency-free-agents-by-position

Here is a link from NFL.com. it gets updated as people are signed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't realize we visited with Phillips when he was a draft prospect. And he's only 26. Hmm....

4 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

 

I can't see it happening here for a variety of reasons, but man if someone comes in and snags Tate now for like $8-9M per that would be a coup

Edited by matt79511

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Didn't realize we visited with Phillips when he was a draft prospect. And he's only 26. Hmm....

I can't see it for a variety of reasons, but man if someone comes in and snags Tate now for like $8-9M per that would be a coup

I have a tough time seeing Dallas signing a pricey WR, when they're about to cough up $18m/yr for Cooper. He's obviously more accomplished, but I don't see them paying 31 yo Tate that kind of money when they wouldn't pay Beas more than $6m.

EDIT - I totally misread your post...but, agree it would be a nice signing.

Edited by WizardHawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:
24 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Didn't realize we visited with Phillips when he was a draft prospect. And he's only 26. Hmm....

I can't see it for a variety of reasons, but man if someone comes in and snags Tate now for like $8-9M per that would be a coup

I have a tough time seeing Dallas signing a pricey WR, when they're about to cough up $18m/yr for Cooper. He's obviously more accomplished, but I don't see them paying 31 yo Tate that kind of money when they wouldn't pay Beas more than $6m.

EDIT - I totally misread your post...but, agree it would be a nice signing.

Tate is a much better WR than Cole. Thats not really a fair comp. I would be ecstatic if we could land him.

I hope Coop doesnt cost $18m per a year. That would be highest paid in the league right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Tate is a much better WR than Cole. Thats not really a fair comp. I would be ecstatic if we could land him.

I hope Coop doesnt cost $18m per a year. That would be highest paid in the league right? 

Near top. Think Brown is at $19.5 and OBJ is at $18m. 

Edited by WizardHawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Near top. Think Brown is at $19.5 and OBJ is at $18m. 

For a year. Then the next upcoming FA wide receiver will reset the market.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Near top. Think Brown is at $19.5 and OBJ is at $18m. 

Brown is 3 for $50 ($16.7m), but he has incentives that make it $18m. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I'm on board with Tate coming here. 

Though I wonder how Lee would feel about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×