Jaguars sign WR Chris Conley

.Buzz

Happy for him. I think he's a decent #3 receiver and i hope he signed a good deal with the Jaguars. He played 1 year together with Foles, when he was the backup in KC. That might help both of the guys.

8 minutes ago, Edge said:

Happy for him. I think he's a decent #3 receiver and i hope he signed a good deal with the Jaguars. He played 1 year together with Foles, when he was the backup in KC. That might help both of the guys.

Said this a few days ago.

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hands?

Can he get open?

Great hands.   Will struggle to get separation, but can make some great contested catches.   Never really got many chances with us,  but made some great catches on 3rd down.  

Alex Smith never really gave him opportunities and last year we had weapons above him,  not great but he’s a solid player.

He is a decent/good #3 WR. He doesn't have much game and won't ever be a 1k receiver but he is rather complete and has a great attitude and personality.

Not like I really wanted the Chiefs to resign him but I would have been happy if that was the case 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I like Conley, wanted the Eagles to sign him prior to DJax, but I feel like he is the same WR as the 4 others they have there 

Yeah, feel like he'll play the Alshon role of being a big bodied/go up and get it type. Obviously not on that level, but he seems to do that pretty well.

Seems like Nick loves those types.

Some of the best all round measurable #s at the combine. Just needed a better opportunity. Will drop one here or there but I think that came back to him not having much opportunity and trying to maximize it when he did. I think his ceiling is a #2, he doesn't give that explosion like you'd expect. Good blocker, good team guy.

16 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Some of the best all round measurable #s at the combine. Just needed a better opportunity. Will drop one here or there but I think that came back to him not having much opportunity and trying to maximize it when he did. I think his ceiling is a #2, he doesn't give that explosion like you'd expect. Good blocker, good team guy.

Thanks for the info, just feel like we dont have the offense to handle drops well and we’ve had several guys that could be good if only they could get separation(and also not arrested)

44 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thanks for the info, just feel like we dont have the offense to handle drops well and we’ve had several guys that could be good if only they could get separation(and also not arrested)

I have to imagine that the familiarity between Foles n Conley will help answer some questions for y'all right away.

4 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I have to imagine that the familiarity between Foles n Conley will help answer some questions for y'all right away.

Good point.

Conley basically said he only signed with us because of Nick so I'd imagine there's some good chemistry there.

Archived