Pete’s GM Mock Draft- DRAFT HAS BEGUN

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

STUNNING value received for SF in that Thomas trade.. how bout that. tiphat2.gif

I didn't think I'd get that much for him to be fair.

I don't think he will ever be the player they thought he would.

I'm torn on who to pick.  I'm not drafting a quarterback because I think Rosen is a solid player, but he needs help on the line and at receiver.

None of these guys are worth the 4th overall but none will ever be after watching the great Quentin Nelson...haha.

Any advice?

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

DK is a solid pick. There is a few players that I personally would have went with but I think DK is worth the #4 pick for that team 

I know a lot are thinking that Murray is the pick, and it might be but I hate the idea of a team being stuck in the revolving door of drafting a first round quarterback every year.  I think if Rosen has players around him he'll be just fine.

I might have gave too much for Solomon Thomas, but NE is still equipped with our first, Chicago’s second, plus two third round picks.

We don’t have room for all our draft picks on the roster anyhow, and Thomas can play literally any where on our defensive line.

Perhaps he was not worth a top five selection in San Fran, but a late 2nd and 3rd round pick should be worth his talents under Belichick. Sometimes all a guy needs is a change of scenery/role, and I think the Patriots can offer him a great chance to succeed.

On the other hand, two top one hundred selections is a good haul for SF... deem who you may as the winner, but I think we both came out ahead after this trade.

11 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

I might have gave too much for Solomon Thomas, but NE is still equipped with our first, Chicago’s second, plus two third round picks.

We don’t have room for all our draft picks on the roster anyhow, and Thomas can play literally any where on our defensive line.

Perhaps he was not worth a top five selection in San Fran, but a late 2nd and 3rd round pick should be worth his talents under Belichick. Sometimes all a guy needs is a change of scenery/role, and I think the Patriots can offer him a great chance to succeed.

On the other hand, two top one hundred selections is a good haul for SF... deem who you may as the winner, but I think we both came out ahead after this trade.

Picking up Thomas is a good move for the Pats for sure, but you more than likely paid too much. SF already picked Quinnen, they kind of had to move Thomas and that deal went through so fast that you had to be the only bidder at that point. Not sure how your negotiations went but I personally wouldn't have been so quick to give up that much draft capital for a player the other team felt urgency to move. 

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@samsel23 good pick with Oliver. He has been slipping in drafts so I had a deal to trade up into the top 10 to try and grab him for the Eagles if he slipped much further. 

Thanks.  White is probably more likely, but I went with personal preference.

Archived