Preseason Wk 4: 49ers v Chargers - Backup Bowl

Forge

Interesting that Flynn is getting snaps at Center. That could inadvertently be a signal that Magnuson makes the team. Why? The team will keep two linemen on the practice squad - one interior, one tackle. The tackle is pretty much set as Darrell Williams unless someone else is available. The other would obviously be Magnuson if he's not on the 53. Flyn taking snaps at Center could mean that they want to see if he's worth keeping around as the interior lineman, which would mean Magnuson makes the squad. Otherwise, Barnes would just be playing. 

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

So what's our CB depth chart look like now? Robinson, Johnson, Williams, Witherspoon, Jackson, Colbert (as a hybrid CB/S/ST)?

I think Colbert is on the PS...Jackson does have a shot just based on how bad the rest of the team is there. 

The craziest thing to me is that it doesn't include Redmond, a third round pick from just last year... 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Interesting that Flynn is getting snaps at Center. That could inadvertently be a signal that Magnuson makes the team. Why? The team will keep two linemen on the practice squad - one interior, one tackle. The tackle is pretty much set as Darrell Williams unless someone else is available. The other would obviously be Magnuson if he's not on the 53. Flyn taking snaps at Center could mean that they want to see if he's worth keeping around as the interior lineman, which would mean Magnuson makes the squad. Otherwise, Barnes would just be playing. 

I like the way you are thinking

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Don't think Colbert makes the team, but the top 5 look right. 

I like Colbert a lot cause of his physical attributes and hitting ability demonstrated by his FF tonight but he's been doing that since college. 

@Forge, I was really pulling for Redmond too, but dude can't stay healthy or even get on the field to show what he is.

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

I like Colbert a lot cause of his physical attributes and hitting ability demonstrated by his FF tonight but he's been doing that since college. 

@Forge, I was really pulling for Redmond too, but dude can't stay healthy or even get on the field to show what he is.

I like him, too. I think he's easily in play for the practice squad. He's been playing more safety than corner lately, but safety is completely stocked.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh Joe.....Such a natural runner but he has so many lapses. How many fumbles or near fumbles has he had in preseason? Three or four?

That's at least 3 in the preseason  if you're counting the one earlier tonight. He also supposedly had issues fumbling during practices and TC I thought I had heard. lost 6 fumbles last year at UTah and had less than 300 carries. 

Archived