Preseason Wk 4: 49ers v Chargers - Backup Bowl

Forge

Practice squad is going to be a tough call...

Williams at tackle, Bourne at wide receiver, Hikituni at tight end, Flynn on the interior line, Redmond at corner maybe? Then maybe Blair on the defensive line? Calitro at linebacker? I'm still missing 3 spots. 

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

Hightower playing ST as well, doing all he can to make this team. With Bolden and Taylor showing well as returners he's really competing against Mostert as a ST guy for this squad it would seem.

Possible - but Mostert is the starting kick returner, which is a spot where Hightower won't be able to compete. Bolden does help mitigate that need if we want to go that route, however. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Possible - but Mostert is the starting kick returner, which is a spot where Hightower won't be able to compete. Bolden does help mitigate that need if we want to go that route, however. 

And I did like what I saw from Williams returning that kick...though again, if he can't hold on to the football, it's just not going to matter. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Practice squad is going to be a tough call...

Williams at tackle, Bourne at wide receiver, Hikituni at tight end, Flynn on the interior line, Redmond at corner maybe? Then maybe Blair on the defensive line? Calitro at linebacker? I'm still missing 3 spots. 

I have it as Mullens (or another QB), McCloskey (or another RB/H-Back), Bourne,  Carter, Hikutini, Williams, Magnuson (Flynn if Magnuson makes the squad), Nwachukwu, Calitro, Colbert.

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

Possible WR depth chart? What are you guys thinking now? Garçon, Goodwin, Robinson, Taylor, Burbridge, Bolden?

This mostly. Probably Taylor over Robinson since Robinson has been playing Goodwin's role with the 2s. But he is capable of being the slot guy. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

I have it as Mullens (or another QB), McCloskey (or another RB/H-Back), Bourne,  Carter, Hikutini, Williams, Magnuson (Flynn if Magnuson makes the squad), Nwachukwu, Calitro, Colbert.

Forgot Colbert. I would be surprised with Mullens and McCloskey, though we have used the latter quite a bit, so its possible that we are fans. Carter makes some sense, Nwachukwu too, so I may pick those two as my final two.

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Possible WR depth chart? What are you guys thinking now? Garçon, Goodwin, Robinson, Taylor, Burbridge, Bolden?

I don't think Burbridge makes it. Garcon, Goodwin, Robinson, Taylor, Bolden...if we keep one more, I think it may be Kerley still

Archived