Cravens, Doctson & Long updates

turtle28

55 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

Everyone wants to kill Doctson, but Gruden's being hypocritical here. They keep keeping him out for precautionary reasons but then kill him for not practicing? When he is active and willing to play, they don't throw him the ball or give him any plays, and then they kill him for not giving them anything?

They're just being petty as **** because he's a Scot guy.

Part of it is Gruden really wants Grant on the field. I really feel like he doesn't believe Doctson deserves the playing time over Grant but Doctson is clearly a massive upgrade. If Gruden doesn't want to play players because of his own bias than we need to find someone who will play them. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Part of it is Gruden really wants Grant on the field. I really feel like he doesn't believe Doctson deserves the playing time over Grant but Doctson is clearly a massive upgrade. If Gruden doesn't want to play players because of his own bias than we need to find someone who will play them. 

Agreed

I think Doctson tweaked his hamstring at some point during the game or it "tightened" on him and that's why he only got 20 snaps. We have to get this guy close to 100% healthy.

I forget who said it, but our Bye Week is coming up after the Raiders and Chiefs games in week 5. If Doctson's hamstring is still tightening up during practice and he can't go 100% in games, they should shut him down until after the bye week. Have him take the next month off and have him return to practice when we are preparing for the 49ers in week 6.

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think Doctson tweaked his hamstring at some point during the game or it "tightened" on him and that's why he only got 20 snaps. We have to get this guy close to 100% healthy.

I forget who said it, but our Bye Week is coming up after the Raiders and Chiefs games in week 5. If Doctson's hamstring is still tightening up during practice and he can't go 100% in games, they should shut him down until after the bye week. Have him take the next month off and have him return to practice when we are preparing for the 49ers in week 6.

Except that Gruden apparently will punish him with no experience because he won't have practiced ...

On 9/15/2017 at 1:13 PM, lavar703 said:

I feel the same way Lavar but yesterday Grant made a fool over both of us I guess.  Wonderful catch and TD for the win.  I lot of us have not given Gruden a chance but you know what?  There is something to doing well in practice time and time again and hoping for the breakthrough in a game.  Lets hope Grant's confidence after yesterday soars because we are in desperate need for elevated play from him.

Doctson needs to earn it.  He needs to understand how to take care of his body better, needs to understand this is a grown man's game and fight thru some pain, he needs to show improvement.  Having talent is not everything.

45 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

I feel the same way Lavar but yesterday Grant made a fool over both of us I guess.  Wonderful catch and TD for the win.  I lot of us have not given Gruden a chance but you know what?  There is something to doing well in practice time and time again and hoping for the breakthrough in a game.  Lets hope Grant's confidence after yesterday soars because we are in desperate need for elevated play from him.

Doctson needs to earn it.  He needs to understand how to take care of his body better, needs to understand this is a grown man's game and fight thru some pain, he needs to show improvement.  Having talent is not everything.

While I generally agree players have to play through pain, I only agree they should if they can't injure themselves further. That's not the case for any of Doctson's injuries the last two years. So, I  don't agree that Doctson should have played through the injuries he's had the last two years and I'm glad they didn't/haven't made him.

Last year he had Achilles tendinitis and the only thing that will get that better in treatment and rest. The last thing we needed him to do last year was tear one of his Achilles.

Everyone in the world says hamstring injuries are nothing to fool around with as well. They need to get him to where he's 100%. Santana Moss said he battled hamstring injuries his entire career and actually put pads on the back of his hamstrings that were heated to keep them warm during games so they didn't get cold. Doctson and other receivers should find something like that to help them keep their hammys warm. It sounded like a great idea.

I mean Djax missing 1/2 of 2015 with his hamstring pull told me that it's an injury that is no joke, and if you have a strain or slight pull you definitely don't want to go out there, push it and make it worse.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I mean it's not really his fault when the ball is thrown 30 yards over his head. 

It wasn't that far over his head, the kid has to start making some plays and get open. If he doesn't he may never get targets from Cousins. It's pretty clear Cousins doesn't trust him, and why should he? Doctson hasn't done much of anything so far to earn Kirk's trust.

He did near the same snaps as Grant yesterday. Doctson had 29, Grant had 30.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It wasn't that far over his head, the kid has to start making some plays and get open. If he doesn't he may never see the field. He did near the same snaps as Grant yesterday. Doctson had 29, Grant had 30.

You're kidding me right? It was completely uncatchable lol. It was an awful throw that neither he nor the defender could make a play on. I know you like to rag on all of Scots picks for some reason but that was an awful pass by Kirk. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

You're kidding me right? It was completely uncatchable lol. It was an awful throw that neither he nor the defender could make a play on. I know you like to rag on all of Scots picks for some reason but that was an awful pass by Kirk. 

I'm not ragging on a pick just because it was Scot who drafted him. I just didn't think it was that high. But, you know what, I'll do something that I've never seen you do in all your years on the board and say "maybe I'm wrong."

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

its a spot throw so if doctson cant get to it the defender cant. it requires Doc to beat press coverage.

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'm not ragging on a pick just because it was Scot who drafted him. I just didn't think it was that high. But, you know what, I'll do something that I've never seen you do in all your years on the board and say "maybe I'm wrong."

You mean like I've done tons of times? Lol

Archived