NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

10 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Meh, he lead with his helmet. By today's standards it wasn't very proper. However, he needs to keep his head on a swivel. He was clearly keying on Celek and got lit up because he didn't see Treggs coming. What a butt hurt response though. 

Yeah today's standards just suck. It's not like he speared him. He got under his chin and popped him. Maybe some of the vets will help him out with the fine lol.

19 minutes ago, Jlash said:

There's a difference between a hit worthy of a fine and a hit being dirty.His hit was fine worthy because it was dangerous, but it didn't look like he did it on purpose.

Is the alternative to hit him softer? Half of B-Dawk's hits would be fined these days. His suplexes would probably suspend him lol.

Just now, Phire said:

Is the alternative to hit him softer? Half of B-Dawk's hits would be fined these days. His suplexes would probably suspend him lol.

Hit softer? No. just you can't put the crown of your helmet into his chin. That's just how it is. Not sure how people still don't understand that yet. Not done on purpose, but it still happened, and it's still a penalty. 

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Hit softer? No. just you can't put the crown of your helmet into his chin. That's just how it is. Not sure how people still don't understand that yet. Not done on purpose, but it still happened, and it's still a penalty. 

That's going to happen 9/10 times if you get under someone and hit them square. Their head is going to snap down. I can understand spearing someone but that's not what happened here from the grainy video on the last page. You can never eliminate helmet to helmet contact in this sport unless you fundamentally change the way it's played.

1 minute ago, Phire said:

That's going to happen 9/10 times if you get under someone and hit them square. Their head is going to snap down. I can understand spearing someone but that's not what happened here from the grainy video on the last page. You can never eliminate helmet to helmet contact in this sport unless you fundamentally change the way it's played.

No, it's not. Because your head wouldn't be lined up under their chin, your shoulder would be. It's honestly pointless to argue about whether it was as legal hit or not, because like it or not, it was an illegal hit. Treggs got his helmet underneath someone's chin. It was a penalty last week, it'll be a penalty this week, it'll be a penalty every week until it gets changed. 

Like I said, clearly unintentional, but it still happened. 

I'm not arguing that it wasn't an illegal hit. I'm saying that the rules are dumb. And you can't lead with your shoulder. That's how you miss blocks and get teammates hurt. Treggs did what he should have. Textbook form is you hit them in the numbers. That can often result in helmet to helmet contact. Per the rules it's illegal. The rules suck and Treggs should be $25k richer and Randall is a crybaby.

42 minutes ago, Fitz2k2 said:

Eh. I think this whole article is ESP going overboard on 9 carries from the preseason. Blount is a short yardage plodder, we know this, we knew this when we signed him, anything more is a bonus.

I read something the other day that said a 4th and Smallwood would get it done, I HIGHLY doubt thats true even if Buffalo is completely selling out for picks.

this is pure speculation. although i would love to have Shady back, i don't think this is anything close to being realistic. also, i am not sure how many years he can be a productive back given the number of carries he has had over his career. 

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Id CMJ if Shady were an Eagle again.

I love Shady (see username), but I think its time to move on.

He averages a 9 million cap hit for the next 3 years.

The decline is likely coming soon too. He'll be turning 30 years old next year.

Not to mention to trade for him we would have to give up draft picks in a year where we are already missing our 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Next years draft could be pretty loaded at RB too. There is really good top end talent and should be great depth as well.

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I love Shady (see username), but I think its time to move on.

He averages a 9 million cap hit for the next 3 years.

The decline is likely coming soon too. He'll be turning 30 years old next year.

Not to mention to trade for him we would have to give up draft picks in a year where we are already missing our 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Next years draft could be pretty loaded at RB too. There is really good top end talent and should be great depth as well.

The idea is nice but in practice would be far fetched I agree. 

Archived