NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

40 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm not saying He couldn't be an upgrade but at what point do we actually see what we have? We've already completely overhauled the CB position from last year's roster via FA, trade and the draft.

Jones, Douglas, Darby, Robinson, McDougal all added. While returning players like Mills, Watkins and Smith are fighting to start.

Lane to me is much like Maxwell, a product of Seattle's Defense. Who's to say he can Instantly transition to a Jim Swartz Defense, learn the Terminology and thrive a week before the season?

I'm not against anything that helps upgrade this team but at some point you have to see what you got and roll with it IMO.

Darby is really the only proven commodity this year that can be relied on. 

Mills is decent at best and would be better as the 3 or 4. Rasul Douglas, who I am a big fan of, is still a rookie. Jones won't see the field, Robinson has looked awful, and I don't think McDougal has been more than a practice squad player in his career.

So if they bring in someone like Jeremy Lane and they don't see the field for the first month, Mills and Robinson can play and hold up, but you'd have another proven guy to turn to in case of injury or poor play.

The question, of course, would be the price. Especially with the Eagles lacking a 2 and a 3 next year, how many other picks are you willing to sacrifice? 

Apparently an Eagles source said we weren't interested in Haden because of our young CBs does that mean Jones is coming back this year? If true we will pass on Jeremy Lane as well. 

I just can't imagine how they expect Robinson to play better in the slot. 

Eagles have unofficially hired offensive assistant Trent Miles, former Georgia State and Indiana State HC. Will work with QBs (of course), my guess is either Frank Reich or John DeFilippo or both will be gone next year so they want someone in the building for an easy transition. 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/8/31/16234236/eagles-trent-miles-offensive-assistant-quarterbacks-coach-georgia-state-indiana-philadelphia-hire

As for the increase in LBs, maybe another deal in the works? Maybe someone is hurt.

I fully understand if they want to hold out practically whomever they believe will be on the 53 man roster. But signing guys for under a week of work is laughable.   

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I don't understand the Seahawks wanting Lane out. He's been playing pretty well so far. He's been injury prone but relying on a 3rd round rookie across from Sherman is pretty risky.

I don't know their money situation but I'm assuming it's not pretty, maybe that has something to do with it?

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Apparently an Eagles source said we weren't interested in Haden because of our young CBs does that mean Jones is coming back this year? If true we will pass on Jeremy Lane as well. 

I just can't imagine how they expect Robinson to play better in the slot. 

No, I don't think that means Jones will play this year. 

FWIW Robinson has played the best in the slot over his career.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

I don't understand the Seahawks wanting Lane out. He's been playing pretty well so far. He's been injury prone but relying on a 3rd round rookie across from Sherman is pretty risky.

He was terrible last year from everything that I've read but a lot of people seem to blame it on the injury he suffered in the SB. 

If the front office didn't want to make a run at Haden then there's zero chance they'll make a run at Lane, and rightfully so. 

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Powers that Be. You going to create a Cut/FA thread for any and all players out there of the 1100+ we might be interested in? Or are we posting in here during Cuts?

Guess well cross that road when we get to it, definitely not going to overload it. It'll depend on the player.

You guys see what DeDe Westbrook has done this preseason? Jesus that kid looks like he plays at a different speed than everyone he's been on the field with. Shame the Jags have no QB or else Westbrook paired with A-Rob, Hurns and Lee with Fournette running the ball would be unreal.

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

What sort of Jedi mind trick does Belichick have to hose teams in all these trades? Brissett for Phillip Dorsett? 

Huh? Dorsett has been an absolute bum since he's been drafted. Andrew Luck looks like he's gonna miss time and Scott Tolzien may be worse than Matt McGloin. Brissett has shown fairly well in starting last year and then in the preseason this year. Seems like a pretty even trade.

Also, with Matt Jones being cut I wouldn't mind the Eagles taking a flier on him. Fell out of favor with Jay Gruden but he's better than what we have, and for the 'big back' role he's got a hell of a lot more burst than Blount or Clement.

Archived