NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My reaction :D

"Whatever makes you feel good about the 2 games the Browns about to win this year 

The 7 games Wentz won his rookie year would rank him tied for 3rd in wins amoung Browns QB's since 1999. Enjoy those picks....."

Seriously. Yea, the gestation of those picks will probably accumulate into a whole team. But what are you getting and what does it matter when you don't have a QB? What's the price of a good QB? It's kinda priceless. If someone was to guarantee you Tom Brady would you just surrender your next 10 1st rounders? You probably would. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pure speculation but interesting. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2017/9/21/16345792/nfl-trade-rumors-reporter-eagles-malcolm-butler-mychal-kendricks-patriots-new-england-philadelphia

Pats would trade disgruntled Butler (who, to my surprise, didn't start Sunday) for Kendricks. It would highly benefit the Eagles to steal away Butler knowing that it would force Rowe into more playing time, netting us that 3rd. BB doesn't hesitate to move on once you're in his doghouse and we have clear secondary problems. Even if we give back that 4th, possible 3rd in the trade; Rowe and Kendricks for Butler is something I would have been very happy with. Do it, Howie. 

I mean if we’re not gonna use Kendricks a whole lot yeah I’d trade him for someone that could help more. But I’d actually like to see Kendricks get more snaps. I know he can be a liability but is that worth the plays he’s making? I say play him until he screws up. If he’s making plays he needs to see the field.

Kendricks stock couldn't be higher, IMO. Highest it's been in a long while. If you can get a starting CB, albeit a "pro bowler", for an OLB on a team that incorporates a nickel as its base, you do it all day. We wait for Kendricks to show his warts again, then his value plummets. Adding the fact the he's almost certainly cut next year, you'd have to do that deal. It just makes too much sense. In a roundabout way, you're trading a backup for a starter, even if you don't consider talent at all. 

25 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Interesting rumor, I just think Kendricks is too undisciplined for BB. I would ask for something else, Butler was thrown to the back of the line. Kendricks doesn't play because we play so much nickel. 

I'm thinking Kendricks would be used in the Rob Ninkovich role attacking the QB. Say what you want about Kendricks, but his timing and vision on blitzes is great.

41 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'm thinking Kendricks would be used in the Rob Ninkovich role attacking the QB. Say what you want about Kendricks, but his timing and vision on blitzes is great.

That makes sense, I'm more concerned about BB discarding Butler than anything. If BB doesn't have any use for Butler how do we know Butler is not someone who just capitalized on 1 play? 

3 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

That makes sense, I'm more concerned about BB discarding Butler than anything. If BB doesn't have any use for Butler how do we know Butler is not someone who just capitalized on 1 play? 

I guess you'd have to have watched. But he seems like he's been a pretty good corner for a few years now. He's not very big, they just signed a big corner and traded for another, while drafting a slot CB from Alabama. They know they aren't going to pay him. Exact same scenario with Jamie Collins last year. They knew they weren't going to give him the contract they wanted, so they got something for him.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Has that ever mattered with the Patriots?

Exactly my point, Butler being benched for some guys that don't have a track record, if its not his contract situation then why would they be willing to part with him? He's not as good as most think. 

Patriots paid Revis 12m for 1 year, so they shelled out money before they're paying Gilmore 8 this year then it goes up to 12. McCourtey at 30 is getting double figures. 

I don't think contract is the reason unless he's asking for some crazy number 

No to Butler or any other 1 year rental looking for a big Payday. It's not as though we're going to resign him either having Jones and Darby outside for the foreseeable future. 

Might not be having this conversation in the first place if Schwartz wasn't a idiot about Rowe like he's being about Kendricks. Real Coaches find a way to get Players on the field to make plays ,not force their Scheme on the players while refusing to adapt.

25 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

No to Butler or any other 1 year rental looking for a big Payday. It's not as though we're going to resign him either having Jones and Darby outside for the foreseeable future. 

Might not be having this conversation in the first place if Schwartz wasn't a idiot about Rowe like he's being about Kendricks. Real Coaches find a way to get Players on the field to make plays ,not force their Scheme on the players while refusing to adapt.

Funny he boots Rowe but drafts Douglas, who is a less athletic version of Rowe. 

Archived