NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

Just now, Danger said:

@808

I've only had that mentality once. It was with the 2011 Phillies who won I think like 102 games. Had a pitching rotation of Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Cole Hamels, Roy Oswalt, Joe Blanton along with 4 30+ homerun hitters and solid supporting pieces all around. I said "Who's gonna beat us lel" 

Low and behold a hot team in the Cardinals (THAT WE LET INTO THE PLAYOFFS BY SWEEPING THE BRAVES AT THE END OF THE SEASON) beat us in the last game of the series. Ryan Howard tore his achilles on the final play and it was the downturn of the franchise.

With all due respect young blood, what does that have to do with the 2017 Philadelphia Eagles?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/16/wall-street-journal-confirms-owners-have-discussed-removing-jerry-jones/

Here’s the news that was confirmed by the Wall Street Journal: Multiple owners have discussed the possibility of removing Jerry Jones as the owner of the Cowboys. It appeared right here on Sunday night, and it caused a stir. Even though some other major outlets ignored it (either because they couldn’t “confirm” it and/or didn’t want to give someone else credit for it), both Stephen Jones and Jerry Jones were asked about it during separate appearances on 105.3 The Fan this week. So it was out there well before it was reported by the Wall Street Journal.

3 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

can we pin this or star this so it doesnt fall @Phire

As long as there's news being posted in here it'll get bumped to the top. We already have a lot of pinned topics, and I'm not seeing the urgency for keeping this thread at the top.

Rams play Minny, New Orleans and us in next 4 weeks. If we can handle business this weekend at Dallas and next week when hosting Chicago, there could be some separation in the conference on the line when play Seattle and LAR in weeks 13 and 14.  

4 hours ago, 808 said:

Rams play Minny, New Orleans and us in next 4 weeks. If we can handle business this weekend at Dallas and next week when hosting Chicago, there could be some separation in the conference on the line when play Seattle and LAR in weeks 13 and 14.  

Saints looking like our biggest competition...but I'm glad they'll kinda cannibalize each other.

McVay has done as good as anyone with gameplan and scheme...but those will be 3 tough games. 

Vikings DT Sharrif Floyd (knee, NFI) is unlikely to play again.

Floyd has nerve damage in his knee as a result of surgery in September of last year. It's a devastating blow, and as of the summer Floyd was still unable to run. He's been hanging out on the reserve/NFI list all season and hasn't been seen by Vikings reporters. The former first-round pick is just 26 and can be a free agent in March. He's barely played since the 2015 season.

Sucks pretty bad for this kid. I bet he's got a pretty hefty settlement coming his way though.

Archived