NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

The terms are that Curry remains with the team, not "whether they keep everyone"

I've already said they ain't keeping Robinson.

I doubt they keep Robinson either. But yes, it is on Curry. You cant have an $11 million dollar part time player. I like Curry but its just not feasable. Only way he sticks around is with a massive pay cut and sure ill wear an embarrising avi if that happens.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I doubt they keep Robinson either. But yes, it is on Curry. You cant have an $11 million dollar part time player. I like Curry but its just not feasable. Only way he sticks around is with a massive pay cut and sure ill wear an embarrising avi if that happens.

oNq08kL.png

1 minute ago, 808 said:

Per TMZ Sports, Fletcher Cox is being sued by a North Carolina man for sleeping with his wife. 

While it's not a good look... is not being faithful illegal in North Carolina???? That doesn't seem like something that would get a serious look in a court of law to my (ignorant) knowledge. 

Just now, Danger said:

While it's not a good look... is not being faithful illegal in North Carolina???? That doesn't seem like something that would get a serious look in a court of law to my (ignorant) knowledge. 

According to the article, something called "alienation of affection" is something you can sue over in North Carolina. Problem is, the transgression occurred in Pennsylvania. 

Seems fishy that a guy who claims to have lost his marriage is only seeking $25k in damages.  

2 minutes ago, 808 said:

According to the article, something called "alienation of affection" is something you can sue over in North Carolina. Problem is, the transgression occurred in Pennsylvania. 

Seems fishy that a guy who claims to have lost his marriage is only seeking $25k in damages.  

Ppte5HT.png

Yeah, I have my doubts that the person has much ground to stand on, or that Fletcher would see any disciplinary measures by the league.

Just now, Danger said:

Yeah, I have my doubts that the person has much ground to stand on, or that Fletcher would see any disciplinary measures by the league.

Right. I'm not even remotely worried about it. Just wanted to share with the forum. 

38 minutes ago, Danger said:

He must not be an Eagles fan. Fletcher Cox can bang my wife if the Eagles keep winning

Robinson isn't coming back unless he signs for the minimum with us. Which I doubt he does, as he'll probably try to cash in after a career year. Which is understandable, as he's 30 and it'll likely be his last chance to get paid.

It seems crazy to think about given how nobody would have ever thought this would be true prior to this season, but we are almost spoiled  when it comes to cornerback. We're incredibly young at the position (Darby is 23, Douglas is 22, Mills is 23, Jones is only 21!) We're basically set at the position for the next 5 years maybe now, and 4 months ago people thought that corner was a huge weakness of ours. 

I think Jason Kelce and the season he's having this year needs to be talked about more. I mean, we have had so many players this year playing at such high levels, some of which play "sexier" positions, so I get why. But god damn, the dude has been amazing this year. And to think, most of us had all but given up on him a year ago. 

I know PFF is flawed. Very flawed, sometimes. But the one position I believe they are most accurate on is OL. And Kelce is not only their highest rated center this season, but he is apparently the highest rated Offensive Lineman in PFF history. 

His athleticism allows us to use him in such effective ways, and he is better than anyone at his position in terms of getting to the 2nd level. 

I mean, you could basically sit there and talk about our entire OL (Brooks, Kelce, Lane, and Wiz) and how all of them have been top 5 players this year. 

Our right side combination of Brooks and Lane at RG and RT is the most devastating pairing in the league. He's been one of the best run blocking OL in the league this year, and he also hasn't given up a single sack all year.

Archived