NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

6 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Britt did play for the browns I mean would any of you guys try either?

Haha, true.

But he had a history of being a no-show unless it was his walk-year. I like the Browns new GM coming in and cutting dead weight.

Plus, I doubt you want a guy with alcohol and marijuana arrest history and a clear knucklehead around Josh Gordon too much at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

Per source, LeGarrette Blount needs 21 rushing yards (total on the season of 750) Sunday to trigger a $300,000 incentive in his contract.

They better give him every opportunity to hit this incentive or as a player and a Locker Room, there might be issues moving forward. Not that Lurie/Roseman care about 300k at the moment but I hope nothings been "suggested" from the FO to the Staff about his PT!!

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

They better give him every opportunity to hit this incentive or as a player and a Locker Room, there might be issues moving forward. Not that Lurie/Roseman care about 300k at the moment but I hope nothings been "suggested" from the FO to the Staff about his PT!!

I can see it now Nabbsy, your boy Dougie P hands in the inactives list 90 mins before the game with Blount's name on it next to "healthy scratch." :D

6 minutes ago, 808 said:

I can see it now Nabbsy, your boy Dougie P hands in the inactives list 90 mins before the game with Blount's name on it next to "healthy scratch." :D

Can you imagine if the back up RB (Ajayi is the Starter) is inactive with that incentive looming? That without a doubt would of came down from the FO and a Smitt storm IMO would occur.

Doubt it's even been discussed or Pederson would actually agree too as a former player himself. He understands how that might undermine his relationship in that locker room with those players.

It’s almost offseason and I’m starting to think what we should do... and where we can improve, that’s Vinny Curry, Rodney mcleod, and wr. 

No way we’re going to pay a Curry 10 million dollars a year for his production. Mcleod making 10 mill is also laughable. Cutting them now will have some penalty but will also let us have some breathing room with backloading some contracts. 

We cut Torrey, Celek, Curry, Mcleod and we should have like 15-20 mill. 

We sign Reggie Nelson 2 year 11 mill, one year to Allen Robinson who I think is a great wr and will be a great second option. He’s going to want a year to prove himself so I can see Philly as an attractive option for him. Then I think we give Ezekiel Ansah a 1 year 10 mill contract for a prove it Deal.  Shwartz drafted him and knows him well, fits his scheme perfect, and you know how much we love signing his old players. 

Archived