NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

Davante Adams signed to a 4 year, $58M deal, $32M guaranteed over 2 years but not sure what the true guaranteed is. Alshon's deal was 4 years, $52M, $27M guaranteed. 

Makes me feel a lot better about the Alshon signing, value wise. This just seems to be the going rate for WRs of that caliber in today's market. 

9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Davante Adams signed to a 4 year, $58M deal, $32M guaranteed over 2 years but not sure what the true guaranteed is. Alshon's deal was 4 years, $52M, $27M guaranteed. 

Makes me feel a lot better about the Alshon signing, value wise. This just seems to be the going rate for WRs of that caliber in today's market. 

Yep. The Alshon numbers were fine. Contract looks better today, and will look even better after the offseason.

27 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Indeed. Well done Howie

25 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

The Alshon signing will look entirely better with an actual deep threat on the other side. I like Mack but I'd love a burner on the outside. Needless to say, Torrey gotta go. 

Define burner? Doesn't Mack run a 4.4 with Size? I'm curious why he's not getting more of Smiths reps already?

13 hours ago, Jroc04 said:
15 hours ago, Phire said:

Gotta give Blount his carries to get that incentive for team morale lol. 

Do you think Doug would hold him back on purpose?

Thats more something Belichek would do. 

Just don't think Doug would do that to one of his players. It would be pretty ishy on a few levels. He's not even making that much as it is. He's been way more valuable than that contract would indicate. Hope he gets it. Lurie can afford it. How many new Asian wives does he need? That's rhetorical. The answer is "more"

Pretty sure that was a dig at my post where I was supposedly trashing Dougy in their Eyes!

Per source, LeGarrette Blount needs 21 rushing yards (total on the season of 750) Sunday to trigger a $300,000 incentive in his contract.

They better give him every opportunity to hit this incentive or as a player and a Locker Room, there might be issues moving forward. Not that Lurie/Roseman care about 300k at the moment but I hope nothings been "suggested" from the FO to the Staff about his PT!!

Can you imagine if the back up RB (Ajayi is the Starter) is inactive with that incentive looming? That without a doubt would of came down from the FO and a Smitt storm IMO would occur.

Doubt it's even been discussed or Pederson would actually agree too as a former player himself. He understands how that might undermine his

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Define burner? Doesn't Mack run a 4.4 with Size? I'm curious why he's not getting more of Smiths reps already?

He ran a 4.53. I'll say he looks as if he plays a lot faster than that. But a guy with sub 4.4 speed would be ideal. Anything really to shift the defense over to that side occasionally. I haven't seen any specific evidence showing how much Smith is actually doing that in that respect. He was brought in to be that guy. He just hasn't come up big enough. He's left plenty of plays on the field. Not that that's news or anything. 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

He ran a 4.53. I'll say he looks as if he plays a lot faster than that. But a guy with sub 4.4 speed would be ideal. Anything really to shift the defense over to that side occasionally. I haven't seen any specific evidence showing how much Smith is actually doing that in that respect. He was brought in to be that guy. He just hasn't come up big enough. He's left plenty of plays on the field. Not that that's news or anything. 

The two potential free agents that stand out to me are John Brown and Paul Richardson. Who knows who will actually be available come March and how much everyone would command and its not like Philly is going to outbid anyone 

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/12/eagles_activate_sidney_jones.html

Sidney Jones will play and has reportedly shined in practice! YEEEESSSSSS!!!

I'm weary of him playing. I'd rather just redshirt him. But this would be the game to audition if he's going to. 

Im fearful of him playing lights out against Dallas, the coaches gain confidence and then he's a mess in the playoffs. 

Archived