NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

Tre Sullivan is in Eagles training camp as an undrafted rookie safety because he was a fierce hitter at 4,000-student Division II Shepherd University. So when Sullivan got a chance to blast Green Bay rookie receiver Malachi Dupre Thursday night, as Dupre churned upfield with a screen pass, that was what Sullivan did.

“It was never my intention for the play to kind of happen how it did,” Sullivan, who stands 6 feet and 200 pounds, said Saturday. “Not to injure him, at all. I just look at myself as a physical player. That’s how I play. Of course, every play, when I want to make a tackle, I want to make a statement.

“I definitely prayed for him, felt sorry for him, was concerned. As you could see, I didn’t celebrate after the play because I could see he was down. It stuck with me, and then when I saw that he was tweeting [from the hospital] that he was fine and stuff, it helped me feel better, kind of at ease.”

The Packers said they sent Sullivan’s hit and a Bryce Treggs block on Damarius Randall to the NFL. Dupre left the field on a stretcher and was hospitalized overnight. Randall suffered a concussion.

“Obviously, player safety is at the forefront of [making the league better], and when you see things like those two hits last night, they’re definitely of concern in the area of player safety,” Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy told reporters Friday. “I don’t think they’re legal hits.”

2 hours ago, Phire said:

I get concern over player safety but sending tape of the hit to the NFL is pretty weak sauce IMO. There's no way the NFL wasn't already aware of the hit. 

yea..but standard procedure probably, look out after your own guys...get a win in the building by saying you're doing your best for "justice".

Meh, he lead with his helmet. By today's standards it wasn't very proper. However, he needs to keep his head on a swivel. He was clearly keying on Celek and got lit up because he didn't see Treggs coming. What a butt hurt response though. 

Archived