NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

32 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

What a blessing Andy was for Vick. Put all the BS that happened here aside with Andy, Andy is one of the really good dudes in the league, hard to not love that guy. 

Dude was better to Vick than he was to his own kids. Literally. 

Im sure Andy is a terrific guy and a good coach but boy did he mess up fatherhood. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Dude was better to Vick than he was to his own kids. Literally. 

Im sure Andy is a terrific guy and a good coach but boy did he mess up fatherhood. 

Actually crossed my mind as i was posting that. 

I wonder if he saw McNabb and Vick and some other guys as more of his sons then his own actual sons.

To Andy and his son Britt's credit, they turned it around after Garrett the other brother died, and Britt is now the defensive line coach for the Chiefs and is apparently pretty good at it, the guys love him. 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Jon Gruden says he'll come back to coaching when the right opportunity arises. Say we regress this year. Go 5-11. Do we ditch Dougie and go after Gruden?

I'm sure Philly sports talk had a field day with that today.

who knows

I don't believe Gruden is coming back and won't until a press conference.

He is the type of coach I could see Lurie go after, an offensive minded retread who actually had success on some level. 

But I wouldn't bet money he leaves the box

Gruden is only 53. He could coach another 20 years easy. I think hes waiting for the league to find its self, its sorta been a drastic changing landscape the last 20 years. I imagine if hes being real, he wont come back with the same playbook or anything, it will be a clean slate. 

28 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Gruden is only 53. He could coach another 20 years easy. I think hes waiting for the league to find its self, its sorta been a drastic changing landscape the last 20 years. I imagine if hes being real, he wont come back with the same playbook or anything, it will be a clean slate. 

I honestly think that's what's holding him back. The NFL today is so much more different than when he was coaching. He's gotta be getting contacted every year about coaching. But in any case I'm sure there are other reasons... he already won it all, what's the point? Being HC has to be a massive headache. Plus retreads don't always work out very well... look at Mike Shanahan as a recent example.

But yeah if he tried to implement his Tampa program today, he wouldn't be successful at all. 

Added a camp body today.

CB Tay Glover-Wright, UDFA from 2014, played with the Falcons.

We had 89 guys so no need to cut anyone at this time.

Cornerback is a potential trouble spot for the Eagles this season and they added to the group on Monday as they look for a mix that will keep that from happening.

The Eagles announced that they have signed Tay Glover-Wright. The team had an open spot on the 90-man roster so they didn’t need to make a corresponding move.

Glover-Wright was signed by the Falcons as an undrafted free agent in 2014, but failed to make their roster that year or the Packers the next year. He played two games for the Colts in 2015 before getting cut ahead of the start of the 2016 regular season.

That resume suggests Glover-Wright tilts more to the camp body end of the spectrum, although the Eagles’ needs in the secondary are high enough that he should get a chance to show he can be more than that.

On 7/27/2017 at 9:41 AM, Deadpulse said:

Eric Rowe - CB - With the addition of Gilmore, Rowe becomes somewhat of a positionless guy. He isnt getting snaps in the slot or in nickel formations during OTA's. Reiss believes he will be a match up player, only used in specific scenarios. If Cyrus Jones can have a bounce back pre-season and bump Rowe further, he might be out. This would be the most surprising of the three thus far. 

I stole this from the "Suprise Cuts" thread in Gen.

How would everyone feel giving Rowe a second chance in Midnight Green if NE decides he's replaceable?

6 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I stole this from the "Suprise Cuts" thread in Gen.

How would everyone feel giving Rowe a second chance in Midnight Green if NE decides he's replaceable?

No cause he will just be the same Rowe that originally left here. 

Our coaching staff are a bunch of amateurs compared to New England's. 

Archived