Long time Punter Shane Lechler Retires

RaidersAreOne

Great punter and a really good guy overall. I went fishing with him once as part of a charity event - just a humble dude, funny and really engaging. Enjoyed being around him, just felt like he was one of the guys, not the best P in NFL history.

It's a shame he's not going to get in on the first ballot simply because of his position, but he's getting in. 

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Great punter and a really good guy overall. I went fishing with him once as part of a charity event - just a humble dude, funny and really engaging. Enjoyed being around him, just felt like he was one of the guys, not the best P in NFL history.

It's a shame he's not going to get in on the first ballot simply because of his position, but he's getting in. 

Awesome story, glad you shared it. He was always a fan favorite with the Raiders and quite frankly only one of the few players who meant a damn. Not sure if he beats out Ray Guy as the GOAT Punter, but he's definitely up there.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Wow, pretty casually-tossed-off name-dropping there, guy! Was me, I'd've written a lengthy post about it, some of which might even have been true.

Think I saw you and Shane on that Outdoors show, I'll Kick Your Bass! Who caught the biggest one?

Image result for cartoon image men fishing

On 3/30/2019 at 2:05 PM, bzane said:

Think I saw you and Shane on that Outdoors show, I'll Kick Your Bass! Who caught the biggest one?

Definitely wasn't me. I probably drank the most beer, however.

Archived