Mortal Kombat 11

showtime

I'll be grabbing the game when it goes on sale. The last version left a bad taste in my mouth as I felt it was moving away from what MK was and trying to be a serious fighter. As someone who plays Street Fighter, SNK games, etc, MK just doesn't fit in that part of the fighting game genre in my opinion. I also don't like the fact they're having all these crossover characters. Bring back some people from Armageddon or earlier. I guess nostalgia is kicking in for me and I want these new changes to get off my lawn, I don't rightfully know, lol.

13 hours ago, showtime said:

Roughly about 5 and a half hours until launch.  Anyone else getting this?

I am, but I wish they'd be transparent with who's in the first Kombat Pack ahead of time. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but it just seems counterproductive to sell special editions/season passes while leaving people in the dark as to what they'll be getting with them. We're on launch day (hell, some people already got theirs due to a midnight release in some places) and still no word on who's in the first Kombat Pack (and there'll be at least 2 with 9 datamined DLC characters). Soul Calibur VI revealed 2B before its release date. Even MvCI was upfront about its DLC before launch.

We don't even know if the Terminator from the datamine is just the robot form or the T-800 in Arnold's likeness, and if it IS Arnold (which there's a good chance it is, but you never know), then they just wasted a perfect opportunity to build even more hype for the game and sell more Ultimate Editions/Kombat Packs. Just imagine a reveal trailer with the T2 theme music (the part with the drums) and his signature "I'll be back" catchphrase at the end before closing with the MK 11 logo and the release date.

I might still get both it and the KP, but I'd like to know which of the 9 datamined DLC characters will be in the first KP in advance, assuming it's legit.

Allow me to share my release date horror story.

After Nintendo released their official Nintendo Switch trailer, I felt really confident in buying the game on my Switch.  I pre-ordered the game.  At midnight est, the game unlocked and I played it.  Almost immediately, I was completely horrified.  That game looked absolutely TERRIBLE.  Might sound like I'm exaggerating, but I'm really not.  In fact, capitalizing terrible doesn't even do it enough justice.  I tried to get through the pain of looking at graphics that were blurry, pixelated and shiny as hell.  I played for about 30 minutes and I couldn't take anymore.  I just couldn't take it.  I closed the game and woke up the in the morning (today) and Nintendo gave me a refund.  I don't have access to the game anymore, but I did manage to take a screenshot directly from my Switch.  The freaking menu's were blurry.  When I saw this, I knew I was going to be in a lot of trouble.

MY27Kt0.jpg

Keep in mind, this is a screenshot directly from the Switch.  It's not blurry because it's bigger, that's the exact way the game looks.  Holy hell.

I will be getting this on Xbox, like I originally should have done.  I took a gamble and lost.  I got a refund, so no big deal ultimately.  I guess just me sharing my story and hopefully helping someone who is considering getting this game on the Switch.

Hello all,

First, we wanted to say thank you all for your feedback on Mortal Kombat 11 so far. We’re dedicated to bringing you the best experience possible and working to get the latest updates and patches live across all platforms.

We’re aware of the difficulty issues in Towers of Time, and while we’ve made some changes, rest assured there are more on the way. To help you along your way, everyone will receive:

· 500,000 Koins

· 500 Hearts
· 1,000 Soul Fragments
· 1,000 Time Krystals

We’ve broken down the updates coming to each platform below.

PS4/Xbox:

We’re aiming to release the patch early next week. This patch will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time · Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)

Switch:

For the Nintendo Switch, we have two patches in progress. We’re aiming to have the first patch in this series released in the next day or two.

· Character tuning to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time · Reduce AI health to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time · Reduce effects and frequency of most difficult modifiers in Towers of Time · Overall improvements to stability

The second patch is in progress and we’ll let you know as soon as we have a release date. This update will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time · Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)

PC:

For PC, we have two patches in progress. We’re aiming to have the first patch in the series released in the next day or two. This patch will include:

· Character tuning to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time

· Reduce AI health to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time

· Reduce effects and frequency of most difficult modifiers in Towers of Time

· Updates to character move values

· Overall improvements to stability, including crash fixes in menus and navigating UI

· Fixed a problem where the game would not load using certain keyboard configurations

· Fixed a problem where the game would not load due to non-English characters in the Windows user name

We’re aiming to release the next patch in the series early next week. This patch will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time

· Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)

SonicFox already with his first win in a Mortal Kombat 11 tourney.  The man is the greatest competitive fighting game player of all-time.  Guy is like the Michael Jordan of Mortal Kombat while everyone else is a bench player.  Never seen anything as dominant as him playing MK.