Top 5 Reasons You Can’t Blame the Giants for Trading Odell Beckham

footbull3196

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Jerry Reese and company really screwed this up. With the complete lack of talent on the team thanks to years of terrible drafting, there is an, at least believable, excuse for why Eli looks terrible. If the team was good around him and you could definitively point to him as to why we stink, he'd be long gone. 

Talent issues sure. The reason you keep veteran players is because they're supposed to be able to overcome talent problems of the team around them. Like you wouldn't want to pay/keep a veteran DE that can't get to the QB unless the rest of the defensive line and linebackers are able to get through as well.

Watch all the highlights of each game.  Watch the Carolina game.   Facts are in the highlights how each player played.  Oh and a clown kicks a kicking net, that's not excitement.  A clown throws everyone but himself under the bus.  A clown cheap shots people from behind (Josh Norman)  that's not passionate that's pathetic.  Theres a crapload other things hes done.  Hes a talent the for sure but not worth the headache.  We got decent compensation for him not great.  

30 minutes ago, Cuziam71 said:

Watch all the highlights of each game.  Watch the Carolina game.   Facts are in the highlights how each player played.  Oh and a clown kicks a kicking net, that's not excitement.  A clown throws everyone but himself under the bus.  A clown cheap shots people from behind (Josh Norman)  that's not passionate that's pathetic.  Theres a crapload other things hes done.  Hes a talent the for sure but not worth the headache.  We got decent compensation for him not great.  

Why watch highlights when I’ve watched every single game he’s played. Kicking net? Who cares. Like honestly. That’s his passion. He didn’t throw everybody under bus. He threw Eli under the bus. There are MUCH more instances of Odell being a great teammate than him ever being a bad one hence why no single teammate ever called him out publicly or anonymously. 

The only relevant things that you can criticise Odell for are 3 things:

Josh Norman incident 

The Lil Wayne interview

His playoff performance vs GB

all the other stuff is nothing. And we traded him because our dumbass FO couldn’t connect with him and couldn’t accept him for who he is

All that stuff and more is something.  Watching the sidelines and nobody was by him. They were embarrassed.  The whole organization was embarrassed.  They didnt win with him so why not get potentially 3 starters for him.  I'll take that over any reciever in the NFL.  You accept a player leaving and pissing and moaning and leaving the sidelines almost every game.  He didnt need an IV.  Out the last 4 games because of what a quad strain FOH. Giants will be better without him.  

Trade 

Beckham and vernon

Zeitler peppers 1st and 3rd round picks. 

Giants win that. Beckem missed 16 games in 2 years Vernon was a complete waste.  

Giants made there line alot better and safety spot imo better.  Peppers can cover TEs and whoever we draft in the 1st and 3rd.   

Giants will be 10-6 this year and make the playoffs.

59 minutes ago, Cuziam71 said:

All that stuff and more is something.  Watching the sidelines and nobody was by him. They were embarrassed.  The whole organization was embarrassed.  They didnt win with him so why not get potentially 3 starters for him.  I'll take that over any reciever in the NFL.  You accept a player leaving and pissing and moaning and leaving the sidelines almost every game.  He didnt need an IV.  Out the last 4 games because of what a quad strain FOH. Giants will be better without him.  

Trade 

Beckham and vernon

Giants made there line alot better and safety spot imo better.  Peppers can cover TEs and whoever we draft in the 1st and 3rd.   

I've seen your posts in the Giants forum I know you don't really believe what you spew here and am thankful for that for your sake.

Just watch whatever you wanna watch.  I go to football games.  Average 4 a year.  I see what's going on.  I see Odell running around like a clown during commercials, I see receivers if they are open whether eli misses them or not. I also played the game for 10 years.  Not NFL but all the way to college. I know the game. I know when someone is finished and I know when someone still can play.  I see the numbers and I see alot of fraud people that dont know Jack.  They criticize people when they show the facts and jump on whatever bandwagon there is.  I am a Giants fan for life.  At the end of the football season I will be right about everything I say.  Giants are a better team then they were the last 2 years.  

25 minutes ago, Cuziam71 said:

Just watch whatever you wanna watch.  I go to football games.  Average 4 a year.  I see what's going on.  I see Odell running around like a clown during commercials, I see receivers if they are open whether eli misses them or not. I also played the game for 10 years.  Not NFL but all the way to college. I know the game. I know when someone is finished and I know when someone still can play.  I see the numbers and I see alot of fraud people that dont know Jack.  They criticize people when they show the facts and jump on whatever bandwagon there is.  I am a Giants fan for life.  At the end of the football season I will be right about everything I say.  Giants are a better team then they were the last 2 years.  

Actually you know very little. You don't know the Giants will be better. You don't know if this was a good trade. You don't know that Peppers will be as good or better than Collins.You don't know that adding a good guard will make your line a lot better.  You don't know that OBJ shouldn't have needed an IV. You don't know if he was faking an injury.

You act like you know all of these things but you can't possibly. You are speculating and towards the positive to the team you like, and many many many do it but saying it doesn't actually make it true and saying it as a proven fact doesn't make you real easy to talk to about it. Just speculate the absurd instead of saying it like it is actually real, you will come off looking a lot better that way. Bad takes we can work with but spewing your hopes as facts leave little desire to have a real conversation with you.

I say look at the games. Facts are In the games.  I actually said IMO so idk what your talking about.  The proof will be in the game that's played.  Watch the games and everything I have said is a fact.   Maybe try not to be gullible about people and look at the body of work. Fact is Odell had a (quad strain) supposedly.  Out 4 game foh. Believe in what you want idk fact is the real star is Barkley.  Odell is old news. Next

Make no mistake guys, the Giants aren't going anywhere in 2019, but that's not the point (relating to the thread title).  The fact of the matter is that ownership and management simply reached the end of their rope with Odell and all of his antics and decided it was time to cut him loose.  I've argued that the Giants got decent value for OBJ and I stand by that statement.  That said, only time will tell if they can rebuild this roster around Barkley (and presumably a young QB like Rosen) and get back to respectability.  I think Eli can still play in this league but he needs a lot better line play to do so.  Let's not totally write off the fact that they were a pretty dang good team just two years ago and really could've beaten GB in the playoffs with some better focus and execution by the receivers.  

11 hours ago, Cuziam71 said:

Trade 

Beckham and vernon

Nobody was by him?? First off there were a number of times that position coaches, teammates would try calm him down or talk to him. But even  whether nobody was there or not is sooo irrelevant? It means nothing. They didn’t win with him because the roster around him was bad. Our offense and Eli were notably worse when he didn’t play.

You know he didn’t need an IV? You an insider? You really know nothing. Going to a game don’t mean squat. You think you’re the only fan that goes to games? You say he missed 16 games past two years. Well 12 of those games were missed because Eli got Odell injured by throwing such an inaccurate ball. 

Got Odell hurt LMFAO!!!!!!!  kip I'm done talking with you lol. Now Eli got Odell hurt.   Your just a Odell fan and that's fine.  Enjoy watching him be the meme guy.  I rather watch a team play and fight for the win.  Funniest thing I heard Eli getting Odell hurt lol.  WOW.   

31 minutes ago, Cuziam71 said:

Got Odell hurt LMFAO!!!!!!!  kip I'm done talking with you lol. Now Eli got Odell hurt.   Your just a Odell fan and that's fine.  Enjoy watching him be the meme guy.  I rather watch a team play and fight for the win.  Funniest thing I heard Eli getting Odell hurt lol.  WOW.   

Damn right I’m an Odell fan because he was a great player for us. And during these crappy years since our last SB he’s the only one that has provided me with some entertainment and greatness. 

Yes Eli’s inaccuracy led to Odells injury two seasons ago. That’s the truth. I’m just pointing out the irony that you fail to criticise Eli but willing to criticise Odell at every turn. Look at that play vs SD where Odell got injured and tell me how his inaccuracy didn’t lead to the injury?

That's like saying everytime eli gets sacked that's the receivers fault which it kinda is.  I'm a Giants fan love my team til the day I die. Eli isnt perfect but when it was time to show up he as. Odell hasn't. Fact. Sorry that's a fact.  It's hard to have a conversation with a Odell fan and not a football fan. Your not a giants fan.  Sorry but you criticize eli every damn down.  I dont blame Eli that Odell got hurt. Too many excuses for Odell but the FACT is Odell is gone eli is with the giants for atleast 1 more year. Win or lose 

I gladly watched the play Odell was injured.  Not only was it a great pass Odell got both hands on the ball dropped it before he was even hit.  That's on Odell. Enough with the excuses bro.  No play is perfect but that play shows exactly what I been saying. Watch the games watch the high lights watch whatever you want but eli wasnt the big problem

Archived