TCMD - Keeper League Discussion

ny92mike

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

If you're gonna do a sim based spreadsheet form of games.  Your gonna have to spell out in non computer prolific terms how EVERYTHING is weighted 

Right...im still working to refine it and havent included several stat lines to see how that would effect the system's accuracy, but my plan is to provide as much information as I can on how it works and to be as transparent as possible 

Perhaps you might be willing to help me out with it.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

What is your concern  with an auction startup to have teams build the initial roster?

I prefer a draft. You are guaranteed to get your guy once you are on the board. The draft process is more fun imo. I don’t think it will take long as this should only be for serious mockers who have a history of not missing picks (at least known to send in BB’s as well if they are going to miss) Responsible owners only and the committee should vote on which owners to accept in because incompetence early could really damage the growth of the league. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I prefer a draft. You are guaranteed to get your guy once you are on the board. The draft process is more fun imo. I don’t think it will take long as this should only be for serious mockers who have a history of not missing picks (at least known to send in BB’s as well if they are going to miss) Responsible owners only and the committee should vote on which owners to accept in because incompetence early could really damage the growth of the league. 

Maybe we can split it up.  Part draft part auction.  

We still aren't sure how many members we will have.  It would be awesome if we landed 32 but odds are we will get half of that.  Personally, I dont wanna limit it to 16 because it prevents the possibility for expansion.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Maybe we can split it up.  Part draft part auction.  

We still aren't sure how many members we will have.  It would be awesome if we landed 32 but odds are we will get half of that.  Personally, I dont wanna limit it to 16 because it prevents the possibility for expansion.

That’s your call. I’ve found it troublesome with 32. You’ll get some frustrating incompetence. But if you don’t mind dealing with that then it shouldn’t matter. 

23 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Right...im still working to refine it and havent included several stat lines to see how that would effect the system's accuracy, but my plan is to provide as much information as I can on how it works and to be as transparent as possible 

Perhaps you might be willing to help me out with it.

Sure just know I suck at formulas 

50 minutes ago, Counselor said:

That’s your call. I’ve found it troublesome with 32. You’ll get some frustrating incompetence. But if you don’t mind dealing with that then it shouldn’t matter. 

Right.  Unfortunately, I don't have any knowledge of anything above 16 members.  If you have then you'll probably the person to be asking.  I'm just going off of our past mocks and that we've rarely had trouble getting 32 members to join.

16 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Right.  Unfortunately, I don't have any knowledge of anything above 16 members.  If you have then you'll probably the person to be asking.  I'm just going off of our past mocks and that we've rarely had trouble getting 32 members to join.

Yeah the trouble isn’t getting them to join. The trouble is getting them to stay committed. It’s easier with a smaller group as it is in any facet.

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

fair enough.

Drafting to fill a 60+ player roster is going to take a good deal of time.  Since this is a long term league concept, putting the draft pick time slots longer than the TCMD 40 minutes is almost a must.  I think you are looking at a 8-10+ week time frame to get that done

I mean if we really wanted to do the 32 team league thing we could just have everyone take over a current NFL roster with the set contracts and everything and then just build that team going forward throughout the years through the draft/trades/free agency. Would throw out the whole expansion draft/auction all together. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

Yeah the trouble isn’t getting them to join. The trouble is getting them to stay committed. It’s easier with a smaller group as it is in any facet.

I’m inclined to agree with this. Start with somewhere between 16-20 teams. You can leave the idea of expansion open for later. But start with 15 you trust, plus me cause I’m awesome. And we can branch it out in year 2/3 if it feels like the right thing to do.

Ten years of running mocks I’ve never found 32 quality reliable GMs. I think 24-25 is the best I’ve managed. And I recruited tirelessly a couple years thinking it would be possible.

• Like 1

If you all think it would be best to limit the number to 16 or 20 I'm fine with that, when I was looking to start this I thought 32 would be cool as it didn't exclude our regular members as we typically fill up with the same people each year, but maybe you guys are right that this keeper league should be more exclusive.