Zach Miller has not ruled out an NFL return

malagabears

Miller and Shazier man... I applaud their commitment, and hell I even get it having had a "career ending" sports injury myself (career in this case being used extremely loosely).. but seriously... Walk away while you're still lucky enough to be walking...I'm sure there are ways they can be around football without actually putting the pads back on.

EDIT: I remember Knox kept talking about a comeback too... No shame in your body not being able to do a sport anywhere near as physical as padded football anymore, let alone at the NFL level.

19 hours ago, Epyon said:

Miller and Shazier man... I applaud their commitment, and hell I even get it having had a "career ending" sports injury myself (career in this case being used extremely loosely).. but seriously... Walk away while you're still lucky enough to be walking...I'm sure there are ways they can be around football without actually putting the pads back on.

EDIT: I remember Knox kept talking about a comeback too... No shame in your body not being able to do a sport anywhere near as physical as padded football anymore, let alone at the NFL level.

Yep. It's had to swallow that pill but I doubt either have a choice.

My favorite draft prospect of all time was David Pollack, who broke his neck and had to be in a halo for a few months. Most thought he would never have a chance to play but he was actually cleared to play after a year out. He chose to hang them up though, and I think that was the smartest decision to make. Had to be a hell of a struggle to finally give it up so early though after busting your *** for so long to get there.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Yep. It's had to swallow that pill but I doubt either have a choice.

My favorite draft prospect of all time was David Pollack, who broke his neck and had to be in a halo for a few months. Most thought he would never have a chance to play but he was actually cleared to play after a year out. He chose to hang them up though, and I think that was the smartest decision to make. Had to be a hell of a struggle to finally give it up so early though after busting your *** for so long to get there.

Pollack was awesome. He's great on TV too.

Archived