Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers has elite moments and average moments. He does not have many bad moments. The stats this year look average (he also played 4 games versus Chi and Min who are top 10 defenses), but I'll go off my eye test any day over bulk stats. He is not an average QB. He makes countless throws per year (like the Lazard TD pass) that an average QB cannot make and they help us win games. He makes countless play requests and audibles the average QB would not make that help us win games. He also will make maddening decisions to keep games closer than they need to be so I understand the frustration.  

You give me a fantasy draft of the playoffs QBs this year and I'm taking Wilson at 1 and Rodgers 2. Brees is the only other QB I'm strongly considering over him but Rodgers is clearly more gifted and not used to indoor football.

I'm not even going to get into that Nick Foles comment, other than to say, you're better than that. If you were an opposing fan I'd warn you for trolling.

Nick Foles paid 18 million less gives us AJ Green PLUS whomever we could afford with Rodgers.  We’d be just fine.  Aaron’s elite plays are negated by his unwillingness to throw to open receivers or give them any chance at all on 75% of his deep balls.  

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Nick Foles paid 18 million less gives us AJ Green PLUS whomever we could afford with Rodgers.  We’d be just fine.  Aaron’s elite plays are negated by his unwillingness to throw to open receivers or give them any chance at all on 75% of his deep balls.  

Nick Foles looked miserable with DJ Chark, Dede Westbrook, Chris Conley, Keelan Cole and Marquise Lee. Who Id take over our WRs any day. It would take WELL over 18m for you to be correct there. Dude got benched for a late round rookie. Just stop.

• Like 1

I have never in my life seen a veteran QB who ever reached elite status kill drives the way Rodgers does.  He constantly looks for the deep ball at the expense of open receivers for shorter gains, leading to far too many second and third downs in which he does the same thing.  He SOMETIMES bailed himself out with great, elite plays that we would never have needed if he’d kept the offense in any kind of rhythm.  It’s sickening to watch.  It’s worse than watching Favre throw 3 interceptions a game.  

If Aaron’s interception numbers were in the 10-15 range each year we’d be a hell of an offense, but for the past two years he’s been under 5 interceptions and people worship him because of it and it’s gross.  

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Nick Foles looked miserable with DJ Chark, Dede Westbrook, Chris Conley, Keelan Cole and Marquise Lee. Who Id take over our WRs any day. It would take WELL over 18m for you to be correct there. Dude got benched for a late round rookie. Just stop.

Dude was injured.  Works for Rodgers against Carolina in 2017 but not Foles?  Interesting.  You stop.  

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@beekay414, you need to calm down.  I never said Hodges is better you petulant child.  Rodgers is an average QB being paid like he’s top 3.  Prescott getting paid as much as Rodgers and you take Rodgers.  Remove Aaron’s contract and you can add an elite WR, OT, TE to our offense.  Hell, if we added Nick Foles and paid him 15 million (and magically got rid of Aaron’s contract), we’d be better off offensively.  Rodgers does not suck.  Rodgers for what he’s paid sucks.  That’s the distinction I’m making and you can’t argue it.  

Yeah, I'm the petulant child. Must be why I'm in this thread bitching nonstop...oh wait...that's you. Also, stop with the personal attacks. Someone argues with you and disagrees with you and laughs at you and the first thing you do is attack them lol. Yeah, I'm the child.

I didn't say you said Hodges was better, learn to read. I said you're using Hodges as proof that Rodgers sucks by using raw stats. That and Foles is ******* terrible. There's no friggin' chance we're better with Foles. Stop it. 

Whatever, I'm not arguing about this nonsense with you. It's a waste of time. Everyone knows it. 

I'm calm as **** by the way. You're the one in here writing ******* essays as to why we'd be better of with (lol) Dak Prescott. Gimme a friggin' break.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Started with 9.5 yards per attempt before he was injured.  

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I'm the petulant child. Must be why I'm in this thread bitching nonstop...oh wait...that's you. Also, stop with the personal attacks. Someone argues with you and disagrees with you and laughs at you and the first thing you do is attack them lol. Yeah, I'm the child.

I didn't say you said Hodges was better, learn to read. I said you're using Hodges as proof that Rodgers sucks by using raw stats. That and Foles is ******* terrible. There's no friggin' chance we're better with Foles. Stop it. 

Whatever, I'm not arguing about this nonsense with you. It's a waste of time. Everyone knows it. 

I'm calm as **** by the way. You're the one in here writing ******* essays as to why we'd be better of with (lol) Dak Prescott. Gimme a friggin' break.

This is the second time you’ve said you’re not arguing it with me.  Which is it?

Like I said, I’ve already given in and admitted I was wrong to say Dak is better than Rodgers.  Dak and his salary?  Better than Rodgers and his.

Teams don’t win Super Bowls paying quarterbacks the going rate for “elite” quarterbacks.  Four teams have a chance to win the Super Bowl this year: Ravens, Chiefs, Saints, Patriots.  

That’s the point I’m trying to make and you’re too angry to discuss it.  You’re making me look level-headed right now.  You’re too busy yelling at me and calling my opinion stupid to offer anything other than calling my opinion atupid while I’ve tried three times now to amend/clarify my point.  I’m really trying to have a conversation here and you just keep swearing like what I called you earlier. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

This is the second time you’ve said you’re not arguing it with me.  Which is it?

Like I said, I’ve already given in and admitted I was wrong to say Dak is better than Rodgers.  Dak and his salary?  Better than Rodgers and his.

Teams don’t win Super Bowls paying quarterbacks the going rate for “elite” quarterbacks.  Four teams have a chance to win the Super Bowl this year: Ravens, Chiefs, Saints, Patriots.  

That’s the point I’m trying to make and you’re too angry to discuss it.  You’re making me look level-headed right now.  You’re too busy yelling at me and calling my opinion stupid to offer anything other than calling my opinion atupid while I’ve tried three times now to amend/clarify my point.  I’m really trying to have a conversation here and you just keep swearing like what I called you earlier. 

I'm sorry but I can't argue with someone who thinks we'd be better off with Nick Foles. A guy with a career 62% completion percentage and 7.0 YPA. You know, the same numbers you're trying to knock Aaron for.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I have never in my life seen a veteran QB who ever reached elite status kill drives the way Rodgers does.  He constantly looks for the deep ball at the expense of open receivers for shorter gains, leading to far too many second and third downs in which he does the same thing.  He SOMETIMES bailed himself out with great, elite plays that we would never have needed if he’d kept the offense in any kind of rhythm.  It’s sickening to watch.  It’s worse than watching Favre throw 3 interceptions a game.  

If Aaron’s interception numbers were in the 10-15 range each year we’d be a hell of an offense, but for the past two years he’s been under 5 interceptions and people worship him because of it and it’s gross.  

We haven't throw the damn deep ball all year. This post should've been made 2 years ago. Thank goodness for the Detroit game, we missed a majority of them but it was so refreshing to see the ball travel over 20 yards consistently.

Again your gripes with Rodgers are rarely accurate. Aaron kills drives by holding the ball and not making tight window throws due to the micro managing stye of ball security he has. He doesn't take risks. I agree there is probably a healthy number of INTs a QB must throw to sustain a healthy line between risk reward in an offense 7-10 is probably it, 15 is way too high. 

You need to stop with the notion that Rodgers is this checkdown hating guy who stares down WRs and RBs who are open to run around and create deep passes. Old narrative. He needs to start making the tight window throws he's paid to make and take some risks to run a healthy offense.

• Like 1

You can't just use raw numbers and say "we'd be better off with him" because that's simply not how it works. You can say "so and so and their salary" yet we have no clue how that salary would be put to use or if it would even work out. Conjecture can only get you so far. You're speaking in absolutes and it's nothing but that, conjecture. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We haven't throw the damn deep ball all year. This post should've been made 2 years ago. Thank goodness for the Detroit game, we missed a majority of them but it was so refreshing to see the ball travel over 20 yards consistently.

Again your gripes with Rodgers are rarely accurate. Aaron kills drives by holding the ball and not making tight window throws due to the micro managing stye of ball security he has. He doesn't take risks. I agree there is probably a healthy number of INTs a QB must throw to sustain a healthy line between risk reward in an offense 7-10 is probably it, 15 is way too high. 

You need to stop with the notion that Rodgers is this checkdown hating guy who stares down WRs and RBs who are open to run around and create deep passes. Old narrative. He needs to start making the tight window throws he's paid to make and take some risks to run a healthy offense.

Yep. There's definitely issues to be had with #12 but he's off base quite a bit at this point. He's not perfect but he's not terrible either. First year in a new system, with mediocre (at best) weapons outside of 2 guys and we're 13-3 with Aaron making the necessary plays to win ballgames.