Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

12 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

GB had been playing within Mac's system for what, 13 years?  Everyone was starting over with MLF, not just Rodgers, so there's been a lot of opportunity for things to look out of sync.  From a learning standpoint, Rodgers has been on cruise control for quite a while, which I'm sure wasn't helping his ability to adjust to a new system.  Call that an excuse if you want, but that's the reality.  It always seemed likely that the first year under MLF would be a little rocky for Rodgers, but I still have hope that things will look smoother in year two.  Rodgers can be an arrogant SOB, but I fully expect he knows as well as anyone how many plays he's left on the field this season.

I think Rodgers has a ton of pride .. he knows more is expected of him, but also at the end of the day the team is 13-3 in a new scheme.  He'll be way more comfortable next year, and hopefully he will work to tighten up his mechanics.  His cap # is reasonable next season as well.  There's a decent chance he rebounds a bit.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

We talk about mechanics a lot, but the supremely talented rarely are repeatable there. I'm not sure how Favre or Rodgers or Mahomes do it, but they are mechanically a mess and always have been. Rodgers talent is still there, I don't think mechanics are the issue because they haven't changed. He's always thrown with a multitude of arm slots, without stepping into throws or even having feet on the ground.

Getting away with it when you can vs some level of regression and deterioration.    Brady, Brees, Montana are generally really sound mechanically and have stayed that way.  The looser the overall mechanics are, the more a slight element being off gets magnified.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I think it's a multitude of aspects. I think the first signs of natural ability deterioration is starting and he's trying to find the mix of giving it a little more oomph to compensate while still being accurate. I don't think he's consistently on the same page with any WR other than Adams. He had a plethora of plays in his head in Mac's offense where he knew how a DB would react and where the ball should go that he doesn't have anymore and then lastly there is the stubborn factor where his head is also a detriment to him playing to peak level as well.

The other stuff will work itself out, the internal stuff in his head, he has to fix.

I agree on the physical vs the mental.   The mental is more on him to sort through what is going on inside upstairs.   the physical stuff needs to be pointed out by the coaching staff from video of 2012 and 2019 and compare.  There needs to be a meeting in the middle and a willingness for Rodgers to change and MLF to accept some of what you are going to get.  I think MLF is going to do his part as he knows what a special talent he has in Rodgers, so I am looking at it more from the Rodgers end.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Instead of Rodgers working to fix his deficiencies over the next two weeks he'll be with Danica walking around IKEA stores decorating their 28 million dollar love nest. 

literally don't understand why people are so obsessed with his personal life / finances.

such a weird look

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think mechanics are the issue because they haven't changed. He's always thrown with a multitude of arm slots, without stepping into throws or even having feet on the ground

I believe his bad footwork happened after his first calf injury where he had to throw off one leg and off his back foot to protect his calf. He's been playing like that ever since. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

That’s kinda the entire point.  Quarterbacks shouldn’t be paid this amount of money in their mid thirties.  And actually Brady has never in his career taken up this cap percentage.

If your beef is Rodgers shouldn't be paid like he is perhaps your angst should be directed at Russ Ball, etc., and not the player?

2 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

literally don't understand why people are so obsessed with his personal life / finances.

such a weird look

I really don't have have a problem what he does with his money or who he sleeps with. I just find it interesting he would do it in the heat of a playoff run. He has all offseason to do whatever he wants. Right now the last thing Rodgers needs is another distraction. He needs to put all his focus on going 3-0. He can enjoy his wealth after the SB 

32 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

GB had been playing within Mac's system for what, 13 years?  Everyone was starting over with MLF, not just Rodgers, so there's been a lot of opportunity for things to look out of sync.  From a learning standpoint, Rodgers has been on cruise control for quite a while, which I'm sure wasn't helping his ability to adjust to a new system.  Call that an excuse if you want, but that's the reality.  It always seemed likely that the first year under MLF would be a little rocky for Rodgers, but I still have hope that things will look smoother in year two.  Rodgers can be an arrogant SOB, but I fully expect he knows as well as anyone how many plays he's left on the field this season.

Most of the good NLF QBs are arrogant sobs.   It comes with the territory.

12 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I believe his bad footwork happened after his first calf injury where he had to throw off one leg and off his back foot to protect his calf. He's been playing like that ever since. 

Didn't he kinda copy Favre's footwork so his feet are never set so he will avoid injuries..?

35 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This tends to be my line of thinking as well... I'm just happy we have the locker room we do. Not sure how the playoffs will turn out, but I am expecting a much smoother 2nd year in the system. 

• Like 1

So funny that people can't get over QB's making the big bucks, when it is simple economics of supply and demand. Rodgers deserved and earned the contract by his play and what he means to this team. I for one don't take it for granted and I am happy we have had Favre and Rodgers over theses years. We would not be 500 this year without Rodgers.

8 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I really don't have have a problem what he does with his money or who he sleeps with. I just find it interesting he would do it in the heat of a playoff run. He has all offseason to do whatever he wants. Right now the last thing Rodgers needs is another distraction. He needs to put all his focus on going 3-0. He can enjoy his wealth after the SB 

I would guess this process was set in place this last off season, and he has agents doing the work for him, both on the purchase and on getting it ready.  

I am guessing it is no the distraction that it might appear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, St Vince said:

"internet guy thinks multi-millionaire athlete should put his real life on hold and only think about his profession."

y'all are so weird. I'm filing this under the "don't enjoy christmas TOO much" folder.

Just now, Redt said:

We would not be 500 this year without Rodgers.

Maybe, but that's largely due to who is at QB2.  Generally speaking, I think this team is pretty well equipped to hang around in most games if they get league average QB2 play in place of Rodgers.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Honestly the only thing that can fix it is Rodgers. 

AARON RODGERS IS CAPABLE OF BEING THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE IF HE GETS OUT OF HIS OWN WAY.

Literally all it takes is changing his mentality.  He needs to take more chances.  He needs to work on his accuracy.  He needs to stop pretending he can still hit those Davante Adams against the Jaguars plays where he throws off balance.  He cannot do that anymore.

There is NOTHING preventing Rodgers from playing as well as Brees, Brady, Manning, Favre in their later years.  NOTHING.  He still has the arm strength.  He no longer has the off-balance arm strength and accuracy.

He needs to work on his pass accuracy on touch passes to backs.  He needs to throw over the middle of the field.  He needs to give his receivers LEGITIMATE CHANCES. 

There still is a chance that he turns it around.  I've seen him do a lot of things this year that he flat out did not do 2015-2018.  LaFleur's influence is showing, but currently it's not enough. 

I have plenty of hope/faith that next year will be Aaron's best year since 2016 at least.  If you take away his excuses (talent around him), his pride will not let him continue to get the blame that he cannot escape from this year.  Adams/Lazard/mid-tier free agent/second round draft pick is instantly the best receiving corps he's had since 2011.  Lazard looks to be a legit option moving forward, and MVS still has potential (not this year his confidence is shot this year). 

He can only refuse to throw to so many open receivers. 

yup and said many times.  Matter of fact instead of blaming Rodgers for the salary cap and what he is being paid blame management.  If you were offerred that money you wouldn't turn it down!  And as you got older they still kept paying you, you wouldn't turn that down either.   Hopefully he buys in. If he doesn't  You can blame him and management both.