***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The best review is the one who quoted Luke Skywalker when he said, "This is not going to go the way you think."  That is hands down the best part of TLJ.  I hate when sequels to movies from 10-20 some years ago do exactly what the original did.  Reality doesn't work like that, and I love that about TLJ.  Really looking forward to this.  Will have to go absolutely radio silent until Tuesday probably. 

It doesn't bother you that the thing you like best about a movie is something it didn't do? Rather than what it did do?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It doesn't bother you that the thing you like best about a movie is something it didn't do? Rather than what it did do?

No, I love it for what it did do.  It made me love Luke Skywalker.  I could never stand him before because he was portrayed as this BAMF when I always felt he was just a little *****.  This one portrayed him as human, but with BAMF potential (that he actually lived up to in that final “fight” with Kyle).  I will forever love TLJ for how it portrayed Luke Skywalker.  FOREVER.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, I love it for what it did do.  It made me love Luke Skywalker.  I could never stand him before because he was portrayed as this BAMF when I always felt he was just a little *****.  This one portrayed him as human, but with BAMF potential (that he actually lived up to in that final “fight” with Kyle).  I will forever love TLJ for how it portrayed Luke Skywalker.  FOREVER.

And where other 140 minutes of the movie?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And where other 140 minutes of the movie?

I can disassociate the two things I disliked from it.  It’s not a perfect movie.  Leia’s force thing was cringe.  Rose was cringe.  I will not let those two tiny things ruin a movie I otherwise love.  Sorry I’m not a sourpuss.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I can disassociate the two things I disliked from it.  It’s not a perfect movie.  Leia’s force thing was cringe.  Rose was cringe.  I will not let those two tiny things ruin a movie I otherwise love.  Sorry I’m not a sourpuss.

So if we ignore the bad things about the movie, it becomes a good movie. . . Solid

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If the critics who live to fellate this studio are calling it mixed, what does it actually mean?

Won’t be as bad as TLJ but I’m assuming it will be a pretty average movie overall with a couple great moments and one great light saber battle. 

As for Force Awakens, it is hardly something I consider a movie cause it’s just a remake of A New Hope. Like watch both movies on two screens. It’s utterly ridiculous. So TFA is hard for me to rate. If New Hope didn’t exist? It’s a 9.25/10ish movie. But since New Hope Exist it’s more like a 8/10 to me, at best. 

Edited by BayRaider