***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

On 12/22/2019 at 10:41 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

He strung together 20+ movies with a flowing, cohesive narrative and stayed largely true to the characters.

She couldnt even do 3, clearly had no vision, and overly relied on noatalgia while simultaneously pissing all over said nostalgia.

She ruined Star Wars, but would fit right in with the DCEU.

Ehh.... people give him way too much credit like he made some 20 movie series. They were all independent franchises where they had people keep some continuity with them. Avengers 1, 2, 3, 4, and Civil War are his true achivements because those 5 films needed to be in sync with the rest of it. But the other films, not really. Ant Man 2 had nothing to do with everything else that was going on. 

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

Ehh.... people give him way too much credit like he made some 20 movie series. They were all independent franchises where they had people keep some continuity with them. Avengers 1, 2, 3, 4, and Civil War are his true achivements because those 5 films needed to be in sync with the rest of it. But the other films, not really. Ant Man 2 had nothing to do with everything else that was going on. 

He didnt personally craft every individual movie, but he was the guiding hand that made sure they connected and made sense.

And lets say he only had a major hand in the 5 you mentioned...that is stiil 5 more movies than Kathleen Kennedy was able to successfully navigate.   He at least had a vision and cared about the source material and characters.    Outside of Rogue One and Force Awakens, Kathleen Kennedy's Star Wars is like bad fanfiction written by rainbow-haired amateurs who watch Star Wars once and then crafted the entire mythos around their own terrible ideas.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lancerman said:

You should watch them again. All the "other" films set up the Avengers mega movies with backstory and little Easter eggs. They're very much all connected (except for maybe the Hulk movie, which they really didn't make an effort to bring anything through to future movies). 

EDIT: For example, the Ant Man movies introduces the quantom realm, which plays heavily into Endgame. Without those, that bit of Endgame is just Deus ex machina. 

Thor, Captain America, GotG, etc introduce the infinity stones. 

The examples go on. 

This isn't easy to do, and is what makes the series great. Without that, it doesn't go on nearly as long as it did, and we're probably talking about these movies in the same light as the Star Wars movies. 

Edited by theJ
  • Like 3

spoiler free there are quite a few moments in the movie where i threw my arms up like what the in world is going on.

I saw it in imax today and while I wont ever lie to anyone and say it was a good film. It was a fun movie to watch in imax.

Worth the experience not so much the content. 

Never thought I would say this...but the Last Jedi is better.

RoS throws so much stupid junk at you at all times.

TLJ is at least about.....something. Dont get me wrong, thats a total mess too.

But RoS is the worst of the trilogy.

i agree with comments that they should have actually planned out the entire trilogy ala Marvel movies.

This trilogy has great cast and some good ideas, but the story elements failed.