***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Lol look at the one comment that says "Imagine if they had a Disney level budget" It was over 62K likes. I have never seen a comment with that many likes. 

I seen a few before that had over 100k likes...but dont recall where.

But even without a high budget, it was entertaining.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Most people Ive seen who are giving it well thought out, insightful reviews said its action and CGI are pretty impressive, but beyond that, its a mess.

Yep I think most people who liked it didnt like it as a Star Wars movie but because it was entertaining. 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Yep I think most people who liked it didnt like it as a Star Wars movie but because it was entertaining. 

I agree, and 2 of the reviewers said the same thing.

If you go into it looking to be satisfied as an action sci fi fan, just looking to be entertained and not caring much about story cohesion or Star Wars lore, you will probably be satisfied....but that most people who want a story that makes sense and is faithful to the Star Wars mythos are going to have serious issues with it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

They further painted the Stormtroopers as truly bumbling incompetents. And made a lot of Americans uncomfortable about Vietnam.

Would you be able to kill an Ewok?  If your job was to kill an Ewok would you not look like a bumbling incompetent?